Register to Comment
Page 3 of 77 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
Like Tree505Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Verhofstadt View Post
    Those who purport to hate Nuns are simply in denial about their true feelings towards the Brides of Christ.

I've loved many a Nun.. They too like to call me their "gutter punk"

This is my happy place : https://www.pinterest.com/mummydawn23/nuns-in-habits/

Wb 8/10
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by corporal punishment View Post
    The catholic church made it it's business to denigrate women to the lowest levels of it's organisation.
    Not true.

many believe Mary Magdelene was an apostle with equal standing to any of the other 12..
    Stop reading Dan Brown airport novels.

She is defamed in catholic lore as a prostitute.
    Not true either.

Well done

Nuns are great. I wish we had way more of them.

Quote Originally Posted by 'orebel View Post
    Wb 8/10
    Sinner. I think what you meant to say is that you would like to marry her and engage certain activities for reproductive and unitive purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Quirell View Post
    You might also care to explain why women are not allowed be priests.
    Corinthians is pretty clear on the subject, suggesting women are inferior throughout the various texts on link;

While women could publicly pray and prophesy in church (1 Cor. 11:1–16), they could not teach or have authority over a man (1 Tim. 2:11–14), since these were two essential functions of the clergy. Nor could women publicly question or challenge the teaching of the clergy (1 Cor. 14:34–38).
    "[T]he ‘man is the head of the woman’ [1 Cor. 11:3], and he is originally ordained for the priesthood; it is not just to abrogate the order of the creation and leave the first to come to the last part of the body. For the woman is the body of the man, taken from his side and subject to him, from whom she was separated for the procreation of children. For he says, ‘He shall rule over you’ [Gen. 3:16].
    Women and the Priesthood | Catholic Answers

Is it because they dress like Muslims ?

Quote Originally Posted by stopdoingstuff View Post
    Women are generally better Catholics.
    There is no basis for that assertion.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Quirell View Post
    You might also care to explain why women are not allowed be priests.
    It is a rule of the church.
    No explanantion is therefore required.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry94. View Post
    Easy for them.
    Not really .
    Women generally suffer more than men in this world.

Quote Originally Posted by gerhard dengler View Post
    Not true.

Stop reading Dan Brown airport novels.

Not true either.

Well done
    Seperating comments and individually denying them doesn't make you right. I was actually referencing respected theologians and not Dan Browne but if Dan Browne is your level so be it, if the cap fits as they say.

Quote Originally Posted by Ratio Et Fides View Post
    Something that I have noticed both on this forum and in the wider world is that those who detest Our Lord Jesus Christ and His teachings, across the whole spectrum of them from utterly bourgeois Quakers to drunk and drugged out of it gutter punks seething in their vomit, have a particular hatred of Nuns; yes of course they loathe Monastics and Religious in general but their hatred for female ones by far outweighs anything they hold for the males. This is a phenomena that I think has to be unpacked.

Some thoughts connected to this;

Our Lord made it very clear that they He did not come to earth to bring peace and went further making it clear that not only had not come to indulge any soft inquitious sentimental black slapping but He was bringing a sword and further conflict to this fallen earth (Matthew 10:34). The Church Militant would these days be better called the Church Military which is what the word "militant" originally meant. The Christian life on this earth is one of almost ceaseless combat against the world, the flesh and the devil and the purpose of going into monasticism is to go into the front lines against those enemies and fight them hand to hand so to speak (Ephesians 6:10-17, Hebrews 12:4 but also elsewhere). The enemies of Our Lord Jesus Christ love to paint Christianity as a Religion of sentimental escapism- but anyone who has had the honour to get to know Nuns knows that they are the human group least given to either sentimentality or escapism. Now we see in the wars raging today in the Middle East and India that the partisans of ISIL and the BPJ are most terrified of the women fighters who oppose them with arms- often they are completely hysterical about them. Is the terror that female soldiers can inspire connected with the hatred of Nuns?

In those dark hours which saw the Murder of Our Lord Jesus Christ by the Romans through the machinations of the Hierarchy of the Old Testament Church outside of the adolescent St John the men all legged, and it was women- principally among them the All Pure Virgin and the Apostle to the Apostles St Mary Magdalene, but not them alone- who stayed loyal and in their courage attempted to comfort Christ as He reached the unimaginable pinnacle of suffering in a live given over to sufferings that all of us would faint at a drop of. So could it be that Satan and a lot of his followers take the female followers of Christ a lot more seriously than they take most of the male ones?

Another thing is that the over whelming bulk of Freemasonry which has been the principle enemy of Christ for centuries now refuses to allow admission to its ranks- yes I know about Freemasonic groups such as the OTO that let women join but they are minscule compared to parts of that organization which dont- what exactly is up with that?

Why all this particular hatred of Nuns?
    I read the opening paragraph.
    I gave up after that.

Page 3 of 77 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment