Register to Comment
Page 850 of 920 FirstFirst ... 350750800840848849850851852860900 ... LastLast
Results 8,491 to 8,500 of 9195
Like Tree3559Likes

Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by Leandrai View Post
    Wasn't he the Pope that was "only following orders" and manning a gun the protect the BMW factory.

Hardly surprising considering making such a reference in any context in his position was dangerous, hate inducing nonsense.

Wheres my ID is a pieca cake to trace back to my real name...but truth is truth and when we know it and are afraid to tell it we lie.
    Er, no I don't think he was pope at the time.
    And that is, with respect, a rather shallow an ad hominem reply.

And throwing a tantrum in response to an intellectual point is OK?

That said, enjoy your Saturday night

Quote Originally Posted by Nitrogen View Post
    I'm no fan of Benedict XVI but you may be familiar with his famous Rogensburg lecture in 2006.
    https://web.archive.org/web/20120622...nsburg_en.html
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regensburg_lecture

Worth a read if you're not, it touches on several of the themes we've been discussing here.

The lecture of course became famous for the Pope including as an aside a quotation from some 14th century Byzantine emperor;

Show me just what Muhammad brought that was new and there you will find things only evil and inhuman, such as his command to spread by the sword the faith he preached

Rather than engage with the issues raised by the Pope, the Islamic world disgraced itself by throwing a tantrum, hopelessly failing to notice that the Pope himself had used the quotation merely to illustrate a historical context, rather than ask the question himself;

BTW I'm none the wiser as to what exactly Muhammad has contributed?

(Of course, not being the Pope, I am free to ask that question on an anonymous internet forum without having to worry about my words putting some Coptics or other Christian unfortunates who live in Muslim majority regions at risk of being slaughtered next Sunday)
    Which is why he was 'retired'. Criticism of Islam is Verboten.

In general.
    Totally sick of pussyfooting around religious sensitivities of all creeds.
    This is the West. We use our powers of free speech to discuss and hopefully discredit all sky cults. We can prove all of us have but the one life. All lives are equal. Let us enjoy our one given life without harming others.

"Transcibing" being the key word, he could only take it in in terms of his perspective - and I did not actually say that anyway. That is the generally held belief...besides, I am pretty sure God would also realise you can only push the envelope so far.
    Clearly you are an accomplished envelope pusher yourself. You are obviously an adherent of a certain rancid religion, a vicious, supremacist and totalitarian cult the rise of which is easily the greatest calamity ever to have befallen mankind.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitrogen View Post
    Er, no I don't think he was pope at the time.
    And that is, with respect, a rather shallow an ad hominem reply.

And throwing a tantrum in response to an intellectual point is OK?

That said, enjoy your Saturday night
    Tantrum???? Deeply weird...

Quote Originally Posted by Trampas View Post
    Clearly you are an accomplished envelope pusher yourself. You are obviously an adherent of a certain rancid religion, a vicious, supremacist and totalitarian cult the rise of which is easily the greatest calamity ever to have befallen mankind.
    Have you ever actually managed to insult and abuse anyone into agreeing with you? I have always wondered about that.

Quote Originally Posted by willow68 View Post
    In general.
    Totally sick of pussyfooting around religious sensitivities of all creeds.
    This is the West. We use our powers of free speech to discuss and hopefully discredit all sky cults. We can prove all of us have but the one life. All lives are equal. Let us enjoy our one given life without harming others.
    There was an Islamist Scholar killed as he taught his class in Afghanistan. I can't think of his name for now, but his crime was telling the Taliban "The Dunyah (earthly life) is for living, live yours and let others do likewise".

I don't think avoiding misinformation, bigotry and deliberate blasphemy is "pussyfooting". Discussion is good and healthy as long as it is confined to what is actually there, not spun to support agenda, or to attack.

Trying to force or browbeat people into being agnostic or atheist is just as bad as trying to force or browbeat them into being Christian or Muslim.

The one wise thing that my very abusive father left with me was his conviction that whatever he believed, he had to allow for the possibility that he was wrong and the other guy was right. Faith is an emotion, and none of us has a right to attack the faith of others on that personal level, particularly if we base that attack on informing them that they believe things that they most definitely do not.

It is better to ask someone what they believe and why.

So may I ask why you believe as you do?

Quote Originally Posted by johnhan278 View Post
    - Serbian Daniel O'Donnell redacted as in contravention of Geneva convention -
    The heart and soul of multicultural Syria...much nicer...and without the weird ears...

Allahu Akbar Allahu Akbar Allahu Akbar...
    What's with the amount of balija in this thread section?
    This video has nothing to do with you, filthy osman dogs, go away.
    I've set up ignore-filter to sort Turk comments out :- )

Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment