Register to Comment
Page 51 of 922 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151551 ... LastLast
Like Tree3567Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Bonsai Experiment View Post
    Says the guy who was trawling the 12 Century yesterday.
    Look, I dont really give a toss about these tit for tat comments on historical religious wars, its nonsense. Suffice to say that if you want to trawl history for civil wars, you'll find plenty with an without a religious flavour.
    it would be useful if even one of you geniuses stuck to a point and tried to prove it. Instead, your bouncing all over history in leaps of hundreds of years and posting article that directly refute you own positions. And of course resorting to insults at every chance.
    You sound like Beevus and Butthead. Settle down and make a point , if you can. You try to concentrate on Iraq and let the other one deal with his Bokaap story.
    So says he who drags up historical religious wars between Catholicism and Protestantism and some guff about the American Civil War in a thread about Criticism of Islam.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Can you show me where I defended islam vehemently or any way ?
    By trying to suppress discussion on Islam you are vehemently defending the indefensible. By screaming 'racist' at people because they might happen to believe in equal rights for women and who point to Islam as a threat to those rights is being vehemently defensive of Islam.

Twitter
    @

Says the guy who was trawling the 12 Century yesterday.
    Look, I dont really give a toss about these tit for tat comments on historical religious wars, its nonsense. Suffice to say that if you want to trawl history for civil wars, you'll find plenty with an without a religious flavour.
    it would be useful if even one of you geniuses stuck to a point and tried to prove it. Instead, your bouncing all over history in leaps of hundreds of years and posting article that directly refute you own positions. And of course resorting to insults at every chance.
    You sound like Beevus and Butthead. Settle down and make a point , if you can. You try to concentrate on Iraq and let the other one deal with his Bokaap story.
    So. You object to my using a broad range of references; or "Bouncing all over history in leaps of hundreds of years" as you dismissively call it". How odd. Well, like it or not these examples are germane to the subject under consideration. You won't win any arguments by airily handwaving away things you can't be bothered to attempt to rebut with " I don't really give a toss....."
    "one of you geniuses" Well, thank you, but you really are too kind. It's just that even dull intellects like mine appear to shine when placed next to colourless clods.
    It's "Beavis" and Butthead, by the way.

For a broader view of Shia/Sunni relations (which unfortunately "bounces all over history") see
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shia%E2...unni_relations
    Last edited by IvoShandor; 9th May 2013 at 06:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Niall996 View Post
    Again, you deliberately misquote me. This is desperate desperate stuff at this stage. I never said inter tribal rivalry was exclusively sectarian. Where are you getting that from?
    Thats what your soul mate Ivo Shandar has been claiming when he was trying to argue your point about Inter tribal confllict in Iraq purely secular Shia Sunni violence. So are you saying that you are refuting the guy who is agreeing with you? Or do you have any idea what you're trying to say?

I shouldn't bother answering your question about the Mosque. Partly because it's amusing to watch someone piece together raving arguments based on random google searches and watch in jaw dropping disbelief as they attempt to construct entire arguments about something they clearly know nothing about.
    Like your fairy-story about Bokaap where you told us how the evil muslims came in and opened a mosque across the road from a long established liqour store. I asked you to verify if the liqour store preceded 1844 ,when the mosque was founded, you ran away. Turns out the mosque has been there for 180 years and the local non religious law was just changed to give them a chance to get the liqour licence moved from their historic area , so they took it.
    So you are lying, to make the muslims look like they took over the area when in fact the newspaper article clearly showed us that the story was the opposite, in their view and they were the ones trying to stop people from infringing on their historical culture with inappropriate development.
    Now, appealing a liqour licence is something you would give every white christian A.H. in Ireland, but you had to make up lies when it came to the exact same scenario for brown muslims in SA trying to defend their mosque and its environs. I am not going to be researching your stupid stories for you anymore , so you are going to have to get your shiite in order from here on out.
    So thats the Bokaap thing shown up for nonsense, what are your trying to say about Iraq's inter-tribal violence? try to stick to the truth.

By trying to suppress discussion on Islam you are vehemently defending the indefensible. By screaming 'racist' at people because they might happen to believe in equal rights for women and who point to Islam as a threat to those rights is being vehemently defensive of Islam.
    Its a web site I cant scream , I said that in my opinion most of the people who come on here expressing concern about Islam are racists primarily against Arabs and generally against people of brown skinned appearance. I amn't saying that they cant be muslim haters too , they can and are. Certainly nothing I have read here makes me doubt that. You have failed to express yourself properly, you rant and make stuff up. I dont support Islam Christianity or any religion. But I dont like racists and bigots much either.

Has that saved any potential bomb victims outside markets in Iraq (where there are no tribal rivalries according to you).
    Well you're lying again arent you because I didn't say that. I used your report to trefute the guy who was trying to support your point about tribal violence in Iraq. He said it was muslim on muslim pure secular hatred. Your report doesnt agree with that notion. So I'm asking you whats your point about tribal violence in Iraq and Islam? try to keep it reasonably contemporary for the purposes of explaining your current Islamophobia (as opposed to 12 Century Islamophobia)

Quote Originally Posted by IvoShandor View Post
    So. You object to my using a broad range of references; or "Bouncing all over history in leaps of hundreds of years" as you dismissively call it". How odd. Well, like it or not these examples are germane to the subject under consideration. You won't win any arguments by airily handwaving away things you can't be bothered to attempt to rebut with " I don't really give a toss....."
    "one of you geniuses" Well, thank you, but you really are too kind. It's just that even dull intellects like mine appear to shine when placed next to dull clods.
    It's "Beavis" and Butthead, by the way.

For a broader view of Shia/Sunni relations (which unfortunately "bounces all over history") see
    Shia
    At this point I dont think you have a goddam clue what your point is, so I'm just going to ask you straight, do you hate arabs and other people with brown skin and use Islamic terrorism as a means to denigrate them?

Twitter
    @

Well you're lying again arent you because I didn't say that. I used your report to trefute the guy who was trying to support your point about tribal violence in Iraq. He said it was muslim on muslim pure secular hatred. Your report doesnt agree with that notion. So I'm asking you whats your point about tribal violence in Iraq and Islam? try to keep it reasonably contemporary for the purposes of explaining your current Islamophobia (as opposed to 12 Century Islamophobia)
    Pure secular hatred? Come again? Is "trefute" a mixture of refute and traduce? In any case, it accomplished neither. Back to the drawing board,eh.

At this point I dont think you have a goddam clue what your point is,.....?
    Hey, I was just going to say the same thing!

so I'm just going to ask you straight, do you hate arabs and other people with brown skin and use Islamic terrorism as a means to denigrate them?
    Brown skin? Well, I'd hardly be comfortable in my local Indian restaurant then, would I? And isn't Halle Berry brown? I sure do dislike orange people though. Sorry to disappoint.
    Last edited by IvoShandor; 9th May 2013 at 07:20 PM.

Thats what your soul mate Ivo Shandar has been claiming when he was trying to argue your point about Inter tribal confllict in Iraq purely secular Shia Sunni violence. So are you saying that you are refuting the guy who is agreeing with you? Or do you have any idea what you're trying to say?

Like your fairy-story about Bokaap where you told us how the evil muslims came in and opened a mosque across the road from a long established liqour store. I asked you to verify if the liqour store preceded 1844 ,when the mosque was founded, you ran away. Turns out the mosque has been there for 180 years and the local non religious law was just changed to give them a chance to get the liqour licence moved from their historic area , so they took it.
    So you are lying, to make the muslims look like they took over the area when in fact the newspaper article clearly showed us that the story was the opposite, in their view and they were the ones trying to stop people from infringing on their historical culture with inappropriate development.
    Now, appealing a liqour licence is something you would give every white christian A.H. in Ireland, but you had to make up lies when it came to the exact same scenario for brown muslims in SA trying to defend their mosque and its environs. I am not going to be researching your stupid stories for you anymore , so you are going to have to get your shiite in order from here on out.
    So thats the Bokaap thing shown up for nonsense, what are your trying to say about Iraq's inter-tribal violence? try to stick to the truth.

Sorry, can you explain that again. You made up a fake quote I was supposed to have made for what reason?

Okay, one more time. Slow readers version: Mosque..not..opposite..Harleys..in....2001. New..Mosque..opened....opposite...Harleys. Muslims..then...object..to..Harleys. Harleys...not...in...the....Muslim...'historic' district. Repeat..not in..muslin historic district. Harleys...in...normal...district..with bars...hotels...nite clubs.

Got that yet?

By the way. Cape Town is not a Muslim owned or controlled city. How far do you define environs? Are you suggesting that if a Mosque was opened in Grafton Street, it would be reasonable for the Muslims to demand that all licences on Duke Street, Wicklow Street, Exchequer Street and Nassua Street must be suddenly revoked?

Or that no one in Ireland should be allowed open a bar or restaurant within a kilometer radius of the Clonskeagh Mosque? Are there any other changes to Irish civil law or regulations you'd support to facilitate Muslim beliefs? Dress code on our beaches maybe? Nuditiy on TV? Or should they have their 'districts' where they can live by their laws and culture? A sort of Muslim ghettoisation throughout Europe? Is that what you're arguing for? Because there is absolutely no coherent argument coming from any of your posts. No point of view or contribution. You're just reacting to shadows only you can see. You're arguing against everything but in favour of nothing.

Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment