Register to Comment
Page 400 of 922 FirstFirst ... 300350390398399400401402410450500900 ... LastLast
Results 3,991 to 4,000 of 9214
Like Tree3567Likes

Double post
    Last edited by Itsalaugh; 17th May 2014 at 07:22 PM.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

It is not racist to disagree with someone of a different religion

Quote Originally Posted by Lidn View Post
    I'll see your Mathew 7:3 and raise you a Koran 29:23.
    Im looking for the Jewish Virgin who is going to be the mother of the messiah,

Saw a few craythurs on high heels a while back but they dont fit.

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalShariah View Post
    Disingenuous garble and typical kuffar lies. The wild 'pigs' addressed in this poor response were permitted because they did not have split hooves and therefore did not fully meet the the prohibitive criteria that would clearly distinguish them as pigs. That is why it was allowed! How dare you link it to the Christian inclination of distortion, liberal accommodation and twisting of their book.
    Babi is the name for domesticated pigs here and Babi Hutan is the wild variety still scavaging in the jungles. They're identical and both resemble boar, not at all close to the pinkish breeds we have. But in Java many Muslims will consume the wild pork meat.
    No comment on the elevated emancipation of Indonesia ladies?

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalShariah View Post
    Don't try make out you know what you're talking about Kafir. The distinction as I mentioned is the split hoof, not colour you fool!
    Thank you allah for making pork eaters rich and successful and being selective about making other non pork eaters equally as rich as succesfull (jews).

Quote Originally Posted by Mercurial View Post
    You would make it easier for moderate and liberal Muslims to reject ultra conservative Islam by adopting a stance similar to mine.
    I don't think so. Yours is the liberalism of whataboutery and exceptionalism. In the past you have attempted to present Christianity and Islam as equally intolerant - a patent nonsense. And you have attempted to smear critics of Islam as racists - also demonstrably false.

Your type of "liberalism" provides cover and legitimacy for extremists within a culture by defending that culture.

Honesty is the best policy, not just for us, but for moderate and liberal Muslims (whatever precisely they are and however numerous they are; the opinion sampling has not been encouraging.)

Quote Originally Posted by A Voice View Post
    I don't think so. Yours is the liberalism of whataboutery and exceptionalism. In the past you have attempted to present Christianity and Islam as equally intolerant - a patent nonsense. And you have attempted to smear critics of Islam as racists - also demonstrably false.
    The Bible contains verses as morally repugnant as anything in the Koran, and many critics of Islam are indeed motivated by racism. Recognising those facts allows me to focus on the actual extremists within Islam without smearing ordinary decent Muslims.

Quote Originally Posted by stephens View Post
    Thank you allah for making pork eaters rich and successful and being selective about making other non pork eaters equally as rich as succesfull (jews).

Try not to stoop to his level. It's a long way down.

The Bible contains verses as morally repugnant as anything in the Koran, and many critics of Islam are indeed motivated by racism. Recognising those facts allows me to focus on the actual extremists within Islam without smearing ordinary decent Muslims.
    Again, mere whataboutery.

Even on your own restricted territory of sacred texts, your case is weak. If you're talking about "the Bible" are you including the Old Testament? If so, what weighting do you give the New Testament (the one with Christ in it)? Equal? Whereas the Koran is all Old Testament. . .

Some time back you coyly referred to Mohammed as a state builder. Indeed.

The Koran gives its believers unrivalled permission to spread the religion by war. More than that, it is an obligation, second in importance only to the obligation to pray five times each day. And you can see why: At first, Mohammad tried to spread Islam by peaceful means. After thirteen years he had a paltry 150 converts.

But then he changed tactics and started using warfare, slaughter, executions, and assassination, and within ten years he converted tens of thousands

8:39. And fight them until there is no more Fitnah (disbelief and polytheism: i.e. worshipping others besides Allh) and the religion (worship) will all be for Allh Alone [in the whole of the world ]. But if they cease (worshipping others besides Allh), then certainly, Allh is All-Seer of what they do.

9:29. Fight against those who (1) believe not in Allh, (2) nor in the Last Day, (3) nor forbid that which has been forbidden by Allh and His Messenger (4) and those who acknowledge not the religion of truth (i.e. Islm) among the people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians), until they pay the Jizyah with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued.

They are clearly imperatives, neither allegorical nor metaphorical. Ibn Kathir's Tafsir of 9:29 leaves no doubt.

..."This honorable Ayah was revealed with the order to fight the People of the Book, after the pagans were defeated, the people entered Allah's religion in large numbers, and the Arabian Peninsula was secured under the Muslims' control. Allah commanded His Messenger to fight the People of the Scriptures, Jews and Christians, on the ninth year of Hijrah, and he prepared his army to fight the Romans and called the people to Jihad announcing his intent and destination. The Messenger sent his intent to various Arab areas around Al-Madinah to gather forces, and he collected an army of thirty thousand".

I did a bit of reading and cribbed all that from a site you can find just as easily as me. Instead of blithely equating (unspecified) texts you should examine the tenor, number and specificity of quotes from the Koran, and see whether, with any honesty, you can equate the textual bases of Christianity and Islam.

And then, there is established practice as a yardstick by which to compare Islam and Christianity, as opposed to exegesis. How often, after all, do we hear that there is no sanction for this or that in the Koran? Better to look at what is actually done - and not done - in its name. Uganda doesn't even up the scales, Mercurial . . .

Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment