Register to Comment
Page 9 of 82 FirstFirst ... 7891011 19 59 ... LastLast
Like Tree247Likes

Quote Originally Posted by blokesbloke View Post
    I misread the title and thought he was moving into a greenhouse!

Good on him though - he does seem to be surprising people and I like his humbleness.
    That'd be an interesting way to address him.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by Des Quirell View Post
    When your church is removed from the schools maybe then.
    That is terrribly original.

When are you athiests going to actually do something about religion free education and start to sort school for your own children. Personally I am sick of good resources being taken from catholic children to share with non believers.

Quote Originally Posted by derryman View Post
    That is terrribly original.

When are you athiests going to actually do something about religion free education and start to sort school for your own children. Personally I am sick of good resources being taken from catholic children to share with non believers.
    Why do Church run schools in the US have a growing waiting list of students wishing to change from State-run schools?

Standards, maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Des Quirell View Post
    I would indeed expect him to cook etc.

As I would expect any world leader.

Removing them from earthly concerns is a bad idea.

If the workload is too much to allow for that, then appoint more people.
    Strange, you want him to cook for himself. Which according to reports he has done prior to Election but your mates in atheism seem to think that these attempts to be grounded are only cheap stunts. I get the feeling here that Francis is not going to please all the atheists.

Quote Originally Posted by derryman View Post
    Strange, you want him to cook for himself. Which according to reports he has done prior to Election but your mates in atheism seem to think that these attempts to be grounded are only cheap stunts. I get the feeling here that Francis is not going to please all the atheists.
    They could get away with portraying Benedict as a monster because he was German shy. It infuriates the militant atheists they can't do the same with Francis.

Actually I hope this downscaling catches on. Although the next pope but two could end up living in a rolled newspaper in the middle of the Appian Way.

'Eee, times were 'ard.

Quote Originally Posted by ne0ica View Post
    They could get away with portraying Benedict as a monster because he was German shy. It infuriates the militant atheists they can't do the same with Francis.
    Militant atheists?

pointing out that the Pope is indulging in PR stunts isn't militant atheism, you lot are really going to have to do a lot better than this if the church is going to make any inroads into reversing the massive decline in its influence in this country.

Pope whats his face living in slightly less splendour doesn't cut it by any stretch of the imagination. Your problem is rigid devotion to a man made institution, Christianity, Catholic or otherwise as currently practised is a million miles away from the simplicity of Christs message.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Doyle View Post
    Militant atheists?

pointing out that the Pope is indulging in PR stunts isn't militant atheism, you lot are really going to have to do a lot better than this if the church is going to make any inroads into reversing the massive decline in its influence in this country.

Pope whats his face living in slightly less splendour doesn't cut it by any stretch of the imagination. Your problem is rigid devotion to a man made institution, Christianity, Catholic or otherwise as currently practised is a million miles away from the simplicity of Christs message.
    How is it a PR stunt when someone does what they have always done ?

Quote Originally Posted by Hewson View Post
    Why do Church run schools in the US have a growing waiting list of students wishing to change from State-run schools?

Standards, maybe?
    Similar in the UK as friends testify..................100 plus valid Catholic applications for a 60 pupil entry primary school plus another 50 non Catholic who want their kids to go there. This seems to be a common tale..........................people have the options but seems religious schools are the ones people want.

Quote Originally Posted by Sync View Post
    New person in charge of organisation crippled with horrendously negative PR takes substance free publicity friendly steps without actually tackling the real problems. Never seen that before.
    I feel if he promises but doesnt deliver he will do more harm to the image of the church in developed countries especially.Better that he doesnt bother with all the posing rather than do that.

Page 9 of 82 FirstFirst ... 7891011 19 59 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment