Register to Comment
Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By FloatingVoterTralee
  • 3 Post By pippakin

Lack of respect for the national flag

Possibly a nil thread, but a particular bugbear of mine is when retailers decide to display the tricolour and/or the county flag, before proceeding to do precisely nothing as weathering leaves them in a progressively tattier state, with in some instances, only half the original flag remaining on display. After all, it shows a profound disrespect to leave banners in such a state of neglect, and even if it proves impractical to follow standard protocol of lowering flags at sunset and raising them at sunrise, then take the practical step of purchasing new flags when required.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Slow news day then in Kerry?

How many official and non official buildings lower and raise flags as according to sunset and sunrise. Not many I can tell you.
    Also writing on the National Flag is against the law yet advertisers do it all the time and goes unpunished.

I think that's a fair point a chara. I remember another fella saying it annoys him when people print slogans on flags, which he felt was akin to desecrating the flag.

No doubt there'll be a few on soon enough to mock you in the hope of a few likes but, although it doesn't particularly bother me personally, I can certainly understand where you're coming from in relation to this.

I think its disrespectful to the national flag every time I see it draped over a murderers coffin and then insult is added to injury when the you find that one of the scum is alleged to have been a child molesting incestuous pervert.

But that's democracy for ya, they take the flag and shy!t all over it.

Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment