Register to Comment
Page 25 of 32 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast
Like Tree125Likes

Quote Originally Posted by pippakin View Post
    I thought the whole subject was smutty and drawn out by those with such an interest. I merely widened their swamp. Not that I mind being called smutty, compared to some its almost a compliment.
    I genuinely do not understand what you are talking about? You brought smut onto the thread, no one else did. Contraceptives are a matter of fact. They are discussed as a matter of great interest, medically, socially and historically. Looking back on historic means of medication has developed a huge interest in homeopathy and in fact led current pharmacutical scientists to present day cures for many illnesses. That is fact. Acidic substances, honey, etc., and the use of condoms of various materials, both animal and vegatable are an historic fact.

A Mars Bar as you suggested leaves the mind boggling, unless, as I have said, the Jagger sex scandal from the 70s comes to mind, or perhaps you like the odd Mars Bar yourself? No accounting for taste is what I say and move on.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by The Owl View Post
    I genuinely do not understand what you are talking about? You brought smut onto the thread, no one else did. Contraceptives are a matter of fact. They are discussed as a matter of great interest, medically, socially and historically. Looking back on historic means of medication has developed a huge interest in homeopathy and in fact led current pharmacutical scientists to present day cures for many illnesses. That is fact. Acidic substances, honey, etc., and the use of condoms of various materials, both animal and vegatable are an historic fact.

A Mars Bar as you suggested leaves the mind boggling, unless, as I have said, the Jagger sex scandal from the 70s comes to mind, or perhaps you like the odd Mars Bar yourself? No accounting for taste is what I say and move on.
    Pages had been devoted to the so interesting uses of honey and acidic cola. What you think is irrelevant to me. I felt that contraception being used and abortions performed without stigma was the interesting subject not what was used.

I thought the whole subject was smutty
    Your problem, not ours.

Meanwhile, the OP linked to Project Muse article which discussed contraception so we were on topic.

Pages had been devoted to the so interesting uses of honey and acidic cola. What you think is irrelevant to me. I felt that contraception being used and abortions performed without stigma was the interesting subject not what was used.
    The fact that what other people think is irrelevant to you is abundantly clear, as is the fact that you immediately read "smut" into exchanges on social history - which seems far more a comment on the contents of your own mind than anyone else's.

Contrary to what you appear to think, there's no sane reason why the fact that you seem horrified by the notion of millions of (now mainly dead) people used contraception "without stigma" (as millions of living continue to do) should preclude anyone else's discussing the history of the matter.

Or do you claim some sort of editorial right to shut down discussions because they don't condemn their topics enough?

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsui2 View Post
    The fact that what other people think is irrelevant to you is abundantly clear, as is the fact that you immediately read "smut" into exchanges on social history - which seems far more a comment on the contents of your own mind than anyone else's.

Contrary to what you appear to think, there's no sane reason why the fact that you seem horrified by the notion of millions of (now mainly dead) people used contraception "without stigma" (as millions of living continue to do) should preclude anyone else's discussing the history of the matter.

Or do you claim some sort of editorial right to shut down discussions because they don't condemn their topics enough?
    For an abortion thread it has been remarkably civilised. Seems strange that it is being criticised for "smut" by the poster who introduced, hem hem, that 'old faithful', the Mars Bar.

I merely high lighted what was in my opinion the drift of the thread.

The complaint appears to be that a Mars bar is more smutty than honey or cola. No its not its just more up to date.

I claim no editorial or any right other than those of every poster on P.ie.

The remark was valid, on topic and if it stopped the 'debate' that may be because the 'debaters' realised they were caught.

By all means carry on. I'm sure the historic value of honey or cola, not so historic btw, is enthralling to thousands.

I merely high lighted what was in my opinion the drift of the thread.

The complaint appears to be that a Mars bar is more smutty than honey or cola. No its not its just more up to date.

I claim no editorial or any right other than those of every poster on P.ie.

The remark was valid, on topic and if it stopped the 'debate' that may be because the 'debaters' realised they were caught.

By all means carry on. I'm sure the historic value of honey or cola, not so historic btw, is enthralling to thousands.
    Okay, I give up. I admit it. I cannot imagine in my wildest imaginings how a Mars Bar could be used as a contraception? Please explain, in detail, how a toffee/chocholate bar could possibly be used as a contraceptive. Would it for instance, not get in the way of the penis? Now you have made me use the word penis. Mea culpa, mea maximum culpa. Dear Jesus, I sometimes think I've been abducted and now live in la-la land.

Okay, I give up. I admit it. I cannot imagine in my wildest imaginings how a Mars Bar could be used as a contraception? Please explain, in detail, how a toffee/chocholate bar could possibly be used as a contraceptive. Would it for instance, not get in the way of the penis? Now you have made me use the word penis. Mea culpa, mea maximum culpa. Dear Jesus, I sometimes think I've been abducted and now live in la-la land.
    Why should I continue to explain I've done that several times and really I think you would be better employed asking the experts on here. I simply put toffee & chocolate together and arrived at sticky. I think you would have to let it melt. La la land? Is that what its called.

Why should I continue to explain I've done that several times and really I think you would be better employed asking the experts on here. I simply put toffee & chocolate together and arrived at sticky. I think you would have to let it melt. La la land? Is that what its called.
    No, pippakin, not good enough. You introduced the Mars Bar into this conversation as a contraceptive. You must have either personal experience of its use as a contraceptive or a link to an article which advocated the use of the Mars Bar as a contraceptive. The link to honey and cola are obvious, one being acidic, the other been semi liquid and sticky. A solid bar of chocholate and toffee does not seem possible. Are you proposing that one microwaves the thing first, and I refer here to the Mars Bar, not the recepticle.

No, pippakin, not good enough. You introduced the Mars Bar into this conversation as a contraceptive. You must have either personal experience of its use as a contraceptive or a link to an article which advocated the use of the Mars Bar as a contraceptive. The link to honey and cola are obvious, one being acidic, the other been semi liquid and sticky. A solid bar of chocholate and toffee does not seem possible. Are you proposing that one microwaves the thing first, and I refer here to the Mars Bar, not the recepticle.
    Nonsense. You have given the reasons yourself, frankly the only thing this appears to be is an attempt to continue, by any means, a rather tasteless debate.

Page 25 of 32 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment