Register to Comment
Page 26 of 45 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 36 ... LastLast
Like Tree200Likes

Quote Originally Posted by The Field Marshal View Post
    There is no logic to your question. You believe that "God" is an imaginary concept yet continue to ask questions about the conduct of something you believe to be non existent.
    That proves that you are deluded .
    I have to pretend he exists to ask you questions to expose how absurd the notion of God is.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by stopdoingstuff View Post
    This is getting to be amusing.
    Or even a bit scary!

God makes it rain because she is crying her eyes out at the state of the World.

Thread title changed, why.

Simple answer really for our cloud-following friends.... 'god' needs to make it rainy and gloomy so ye Irish will be pasty of face and grey of skin for when he sends the week and and a half of roasting sunshine in early August just to prepare the sufferers-to-be for the blast of hellfire after ye're dead.

Call it acclimitisation. (In his ever infinite mercy, natch).

Voltaire, the notorious French slave trader, made similar quips after the Lisbon earthquake when many grannies were killed when the cathedral fell in on them. Thomas Carlyle quite rightly argued that while he was unsurpassed in literary form, not even the most elaborate of Voltaire's works had any real intrinsic value and that he never uttered an original idea of his own.

Maybe Knapaghbeg is the Voltaire of Cappaghquinn, who knows or cares? We could ask him to consult Genesis 7; Exodus 9.34 or Ezekiel 1.28 for starters but why encourage him in his psychotic God phobias if he knows nothing of how nature works or how man has inter acted with it since Adam's time? He should see the cloud stealing that goes on in rural China but that might broaden the mind.

Form ,e it is dry so I have work to do and succulent fruit to pick. Praise the Lord and pass the pitch fork.

And, Bishop Brennan, if you are reading, pray for it to rain brains in barren and Burren areas, for model citizens and counties for all animals, great and small, unoriginal mocking birds included.

Quote Originally Posted by Rural View Post
    God makes it rain because she is crying her eyes out at the state of the World.

Thread title changed, why.
    Scarily....I think because the Bishop got cheesed off with the criticism from Knappa....and decided to ask for prayers for more rain.....FOREVER!!!...therefore, old title thread was not correct....only my guess.

What do you think ?

The subject of 'original thought' is a dangerously shifting sandpit for the Cloud Followers, Your Maj. (What is it with intense religious people in Ireland and an inveterate fondness for grand titles- Field Marshall, Queens-of-the-Gael- whither modesty?).

There is very little original in the abrahamic version of the godtale in Irish affairs, Mary. It is one of the most obviously derivative and magpie-like thieves of older religious systems in existence.

Something very funny about X-tian Cloud Followers huffing about 'originality' when in fact their own sect is simply a subsidiary of judaism mixed with some Persian stuff and a lot of Roman pre-xtian sect worship thrown in ('Pontiff' being derived from the worship of Jupiter, the head priest of that sect in Rome being the 'Pontifex Maximus').

Much of the x-tian ceremonials are straight rip-offs of Roman pre-xtian sects where they aren't ripoffs of judaic teachings or lumped-in-later add-ons such as 'Hell' (6th century I believe) and 'Satan' who didn't exist in X-tian philosophy for many centuries after the sect was developed.

'Originality' .. X-tianity is a philosophical jumble sale of older retail sales of the godtales.

Quote Originally Posted by filter View Post
    Scarily....I think because the Bishop got cheesed off with the criticism from Knappa....and decided to ask for prayers for more rain.....FOREVER!!!...therefore, old title thread was not correct....only my guess.

What do you think ?
    I now agree with the thread title change, the "other musings" is particularly apt after some of the stuff I've read.

Lampardsedge: Sorry if I annoyed you so much. However, given your knowledge of Christian plagiarism and the awful record of the Irish Catholic Church, I am surprised you are charging me with inventing a grandiose name to post here. Here is a hint: my name has strong Catholic connotations with reverberations in Olde Egypt.

Oh yes. God never makes it rains but he makes it pour. Blame God and kick your cat?

Mary, is that fruit picked yet?

Page 26 of 45 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 36 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment