Register to Comment
Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 243
Like Tree121Likes
  1. #211
    SideysGhost SideysGhost is offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    14,409

    Quote Originally Posted by Tea Party Patriot View Post
    You attitude being just if not even more extreme it would be just replacing one extreme with the other. Advocating violence as a way of making your point it not acceptable.
    Nonsense, frankly. This is just another manifestation of the Harrisite Good Dog blether that has utterly debased all rational thinking south of the border over the last 40 years. Not that there was much in the way of rational thinking to begin with after the previous decades of control by the lunatic medieval kiddy-fiddlers.

    Religion is poison. It is nonsense. It is irrational, primitive misanthropic superstition. It is, despite its claims, immoral, dangerous, toxic and a clear and present danger to any human society. And the one we have to be most concerned with in Ireland, Christianity, is a slave religion designed to dull the minds of slaves and help them accept their lot in life.

    Militant atheism? The problem with the world is that atheists are nowhere near militant enough. There is no excuse at this point in human development for believing in these fantastical tales dreamt up by drug-crazed desert camelherders. No excuse whatsoever. Anyone who is wilfully a Believer at this point in history is proclaiming themselves to be a dangerously unstable weirdo with no connection to reality, a freak who deliberately chooses to reject all knowledge and reason in favour of irrational anti-human fairytales. Believers should therefore be shunned and removed from any and all positions of influence or power.

    Enough is enough. Religious sociopaths and misanthropes have been trashing the planet and inflicting endless misery and insanity on human societies across the globe for thousands of years. Enough. This madness must stop.

    Shovel a Believer today, purge this toxic sewage from our minds and cultures, give our children and grandchildren some chance of growing up in a sane and rational world.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  2. #212
    Knapaghbeg Knapaghbeg is offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    2,232

    Quote Originally Posted by SideysGhost View Post
    Nonsense, frankly. This is just another manifestation of the Harrisite Good Dog blether that has utterly debased all rational thinking south of the border over the last 40 years. Not that there was much in the way of rational thinking to begin with after the previous decades of control by the lunatic medieval kiddy-fiddlers.

    Religion is poison. It is nonsense. It is irrational, primitive misanthropic superstition. It is, despite its claims, immoral, dangerous, toxic and a clear and present danger to any human society. And the one we have to be most concerned with in Ireland, Christianity, is a slave religion designed to dull the minds of slaves and help them accept their lot in life.

    Militant atheism? The problem with the world is that atheists are nowhere near militant enough. There is no excuse at this point in human development for believing in these fantastical tales dreamt up by drug-crazed desert camelherders. No excuse whatsoever. Anyone who is wilfully a Believer at this point in history is proclaiming themselves to be a dangerously unstable weirdo with no connection to reality, a freak who deliberately chooses to reject all knowledge and reason in favour of irrational anti-human fairytales. Believers should therefore be shunned and removed from any and all positions of influence or power.

    Enough is enough. Religious sociopaths and misanthropes have been trashing the planet and inflicting endless misery and insanity on human societies across the globe for thousands of years. Enough. This madness must stop.

    Shovel a Believer today, purge this toxic sewage from our minds and cultures, give our children and grandchildren some chance of growing up in a sane and rational world.


    We need to rationally point why we need a secular state

    Atheism: A New Strategy. Richard Dawkins Foundation for Reason & Science, US - YouTube
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  3. #213
    SideysGhost SideysGhost is offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    14,409

    Quote Originally Posted by Knapaghbeg View Post
    But the point you are missing is that Believers aren't rational. They are deranged loonies. They explicitly reject reason in favour of magic. They explicitly choose to reject all the scientific knowledge accumulated over the last few hundred years. They are proud to be anti-reason, anti-intellectual, ignorant peasant yahoos. You can assemble all the rational arguments you want with all the facts and figures and graphs and detailed logical points and it doesn't matter a damn, Believers won't listen, will defiantly refuse to listen, hate and fear rationality, and cannot be reasoned with.

    This is the mistake most atheists make. Being rational themselves they assume that all problems can be solved by rational debate. But when it comes to Believers (and, it must be said, most politicians) you are actually dealing with people who explicitly reject reason and logic. As such reasoned argument with them is utterly pointless.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  4. #214
    Knapaghbeg Knapaghbeg is offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    2,232

    Quote Originally Posted by SideysGhost View Post
    But the point you are missing is that Believers aren't rational. They are deranged loonies. They explicitly reject reason in favour of magic. They explicitly choose to reject all the scientific knowledge accumulated over the last few hundred years. They are proud to be anti-reason, anti-intellectual, ignorant peasant yahoos. You can assemble all the rational arguments you want with all the facts and figures and graphs and detailed logical points and it doesn't matter a damn, Believers won't listen, will defiantly refuse to listen, hate and fear rationality, and cannot be reasoned with.

    This is the mistake most atheists make. Being rational themselves they assume that all problems can be solved by rational debate. But when it comes to Believers (and, it must be said, most politicians) you are actually dealing with people who explicitly reject reason and logic. As such reasoned argument with them is utterly pointless.
    Confuse a Christian
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  5. #215
    Tea Party Patriot Tea Party Patriot is offline
    Tea Party Patriot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    12,491

    Quote Originally Posted by DaveM View Post
    Just in case you are referring to a creator deity, i.e. a starting point, when you talk about the supernatural then that argument fails simply when confronted by infinite regression. Who created the creator? And who created the creator of the creator? Etc.
    Obviously the existence of a creator, or even a creative force (self aware or perhaps not) would have to be supernatural in and of itself as it currently along with existence cannot be explained by natural means. I think you need to look up the difference between natural and supernatural. Natural is nothing can come from nothing. Supernatural is that anything exists at all.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  6. #216
    yellowfish yellowfish is offline
    yellowfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    4,916

    Quote Originally Posted by SideysGhost View Post
    But the point you are missing is that Believers aren't rational. They are deranged loonies. They explicitly reject reason in favour of magic. They explicitly choose to reject all the scientific knowledge accumulated over the last few hundred years. They are proud to be anti-reason, anti-intellectual, ignorant peasant yahoos. You can assemble all the rational arguments you want with all the facts and figures and graphs and detailed logical points and it doesn't matter a damn, Believers won't listen, will defiantly refuse to listen, hate and fear rationality, and cannot be reasoned with.

    This is the mistake most atheists make. Being rational themselves they assume that all problems can be solved by rational debate. But when it comes to Believers (and, it must be said, most politicians) you are actually dealing with people who explicitly reject reason and logic. As such reasoned argument with them is utterly pointless.
    In fairness secular religious may not be entirely rational, but they are able to acknowledge that their beliefs are a personal matter and not for sharing with wider society through the usurpation of the state.
    I have no problem with someone being irrational, its the ones who want to force it on everyone else and obviously wrap themselves in all sorts of righteous indignation when challenged that I have no time for.

    The Harmless eccentrics who want to worship some ancient sky fairy myth are fine, we should all have a little eccentricity, as long as they are secular they are good with me, like a fellow I know who takes all his clothes off as soon as he gets home, he never wears a stitch unless outside. But he does not go on about it to the uninterested and he certainly does not want the right to do it at work or have it introduced to schools.

    Secular religious are fine in my book, Harmless usually perfectly normal outside of their private hobby.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  7. #217
    Victor Meldrew Victor Meldrew is offline
    Victor Meldrew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    6,948

    Quote Originally Posted by eskrimador View Post
    People are free to believe whatever they want. They can build their own wee places to share their beliefs with other like minded people. What has happened here is that pressure has been brought to bare to use a publicly funded premises to promote an anti intellectual agenda at a UNESCO site.

    BTW, it's 8.50 to get in to this place. Worth seeing, not worth going to see and fek'n robbery. But I digress
    And as for the church believing in the flat earth and the sun rotating around the earth, in fairness to Catholicism, while it kicks off a bit on scientific teaching, it accepts the theory or evolution as being compatable / reconcilable with faith.

    "young earth" nonsense is just for hick ignorant rednecks and has as much merit as all mythology. Nice stories for kids at bed time.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  8. #218
    Dylan2010 Dylan2010 is offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    8,657

    Quote Originally Posted by Victor Meldrew View Post
    "young earth" nonsense is just for hick ignorant rednecks and has as much merit as all mythology. Nice stories for kids at bed time.
    I remember a "happy clappy" biotech graduate from DCU trying to give me some guff about the eye and evolution and carbon dating being inaccurate. The problem in NI is there a appear to be a significant amount evangelical types that feed from their counterparts from the US. Its the same cult like "thinking" as Scientology
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  9. #219
    edwin edwin is offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    2,998

    Quote Originally Posted by SideysGhost View Post
    Well you are a FFailure after all, ignorant anti-intellectual primitive mucksavage yahooing is your default state of existence.
    You really are a parody of yourself. Settle back down there safe in the knowledge you're clearly superior to everybody else. God knows why you fell the need to engage with mere mortals at all. One would have thought you're sullying yourself by even acknowledging our existence.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  10. #220
    Victor Meldrew Victor Meldrew is offline
    Victor Meldrew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    6,948

    Quote Originally Posted by Dylan2010 View Post
    I remember a "happy clappy" biotech graduate from DCU trying to give me some guff about the eye and evolution and carbon dating being inaccurate. The problem in NI is there a appear to be a significant amount evangelical types that feed from their counterparts from the US. Its the same cult like "thinking" as Scientology
    Knew Girl in College who was doing Environmental science in UCD (Botany & Zoology mostly) who was a Born again Christian. Lovely Girl, but believed in Creation and just "put up" with Evolution as just an "Idea"

    A lot of the NI hicks have ignorance as an excuse for not realizing that a Theory is not just a proposal to explain events. (that is an hypothesis) . Creation is a Hypothesis in the bible.

    I found the whole thing bizzare...
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment