Register to Comment
Page 69 of 276 FirstFirst ... 19 596768697071 79 119 169 ... LastLast
Like Tree1236Likes

Quote Originally Posted by NewDawn1 View Post
    Are you seriously comparing 'the issue of ashes' to people hiding there faces in public?
    I'm comparing political statements.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by statsman View Post
    Well, how about ashes on Ash Wednesday, then?
    He's right. Terrible example.

Quote Originally Posted by Toland View Post
    I think the justaposition of the union jack, the word infidel and a balaclava certainly looks very typical of the standard behaviour of the British extreme right, which is apparently obsessed with a connection between "whiteness" and British identity.

Your presumptions are pathetic, useless and desparate. You have proved nothing and added nothing to this debate.

He's right. Terrible example.
    It was in response to a particularly stupid post, in fairness.

Quote Originally Posted by NewDawn1 View Post
    Are you seriously comparing 'the issue of ashes' to people hiding there faces in public?
    Unless they stick their whole face in them & even tho' it's only once a year.

Quote Originally Posted by statsman View Post
    They're not all media reports of real events, when they are, they are often multiple reports of the same event and they're sometimes based on supposition and hearsay, and they pale into insignificance when set beside the number of hits for robbery without burka.

Now that is what I call sheer desperation. But do keep digging........

Quote Originally Posted by Trampas View Post
    No pie-charts, histograms or percentages to hand.... Sorry. Just media reports of real events. Why are you questioning the validity of those media reports ?
    Google search results are passed on an algorithm called PageRank. That algorithm returns and sorts pages passed based on the level of interest that websites that contain those combination of keywords get in terms of links and hits. It doesn't validate the integrity of the actual content

Quote Originally Posted by rural View Post
    unless they stick their whole face in them & even tho' it's only once a year.
    lol

I think the justaposition of the union jack, the word infidel and a balaclava certainly looks very typical of the standard behaviour of the British extreme right, which is apparently obsessed with a connection between "whiteness" and British identity.
    My first response to this was a bit harsh. I just do not get why we are talking about white nationalism?

Quote Originally Posted by Clanrickard View Post
    I think that is correct. You should have to remove any face covering when asked by any officer of the state. Also shopkeepers and private individual should the right to refuse to serve or deal with anyone whose face is covered.
    Whilst I have an issue with the government telling us what to wear, I agree with what you say above, private businesses and organisations are a different matter to the state - the message should be quite clear;if you wish to deal with us, you do so in an open and transparent fashion. If you wish to cover your face then we cannot accomodate you. If some enterprising Muslim woman wants to take advantage of this then she or he can open a burka friendly shop and we can watch in amusement as enterprising shoplifters loot the place blind......

Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment