Register to Comment
Page 68 of 83 FirstFirst ... 18 586667686970 78 ... LastLast
Like Tree527Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Raketemensch View Post
    I think you are being sarcastic but I think you are half-right in blaming the left. Not for immigration policy but for handing the dole and houses to every generation of welfare dependants without even the pretence of them looking for work until they are so bereft of anything constructive to do that all-day everyday vodka and drugs binges becomes the norm. It is shameful to see the behaviour of many Irish inner city dwellers compared to that of their Chinese and Eatern European neighbours who actually run shops and try to better themselves.
    Only a small number of the junkies are from the inner city, because of centralised services they come in from all parts of the city.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Pat View Post
    Ok, let's say you are concerned about junkies and skangers ( albeit only Irish ones it seems since, according to you, there are no foreigners among them). Others have concern about foreign scroungers. Both are bona fide concerns, I would have thought.
    I haven't noticed any foreigners among the junkies in O'Connel Street. These junkies are extremely aggressive and will attack anyone who gets in their way. The worse I';ve seen from foreigners in the area is begging, they do not pose a danger to anyone.

I've seen east European junkies in Limerick. One guy used to hang around outside Abrakebabra in O’Connell street telling everyone he needed 2 euro for the bus. His face gaunt and his eyes were lost. He was infamous, don’t know where the poor lad is now, maybe he finally got a bus.

There was a program on RTE recently about immigrants who are finding it hard in Ireland now and it featured a good few eastern European lads who were living in hostels and had problems with alcohol and drugs.

Mass immigration has, in part, caused the degradation of the Irish working class. No point competing with an ever-ready supply of young, eager immigrants and most turn to the welfare route which leads to social deprivation with drugs soon entering the equation.

When I worked in Dell in the early 2000s there were guys coming straight from jail into a job. After the accession states came in that stopped.

Double post

Quote Originally Posted by Munnkeyman View Post
    Fianna Fáil and Fine Gael are as "left" as my right shoe.
    So are Labour, SF & the ULA

I wouldn't trust any of them

Quote Originally Posted by Conor View Post
    I suspect, Catalpa, that you have no problem with mono-ethnic areas around Dublin - provided they're of your favourite ethnicity.
    Is it a question of favourite? should the Irish not have a certain primacy in their own country? we're not going to get it elsewhere

Quote Originally Posted by budwards dad View Post
    Is it a question of favourite?
    Funny you should mention that - Catalpa has already given us a list of his favourite races. You can judge for yourself.

Who remembers this one?!

Quote Originally Posted by Catalpa
    In declining order of popularity:

The Western Europeans + English speaking countries incl. White South Africa.

The Chinese + Filipinos

The Indian sub Continent

The East Europeans (not incl. The Roma!)

The Muslims from North Africa + ME

The Black Africans

Everybody else

The Roma

in that order.

Well thats my popularity list, which I think is one most people would share

Quote Originally Posted by Raketemensch View Post
    It's horrible, I have never seen anything like it in another European city, not even in the UK. I simultaneously hate and pity the hordes of shuffling scabby wraiths swigging Fanta mixed with Huzzar and swapping filthy pills and powders in open daylight. What policies could have let to the zombie apocalypse that the inner city has become? I want someone to blame.
    Blame the state and government.
    They were warned in the early 1980's about the drug/doping epidemic that was headed toward Ireland at the time.
    Their response? They ignored the warnings.

Quote Originally Posted by Conor View Post
    Funny you should mention that - Catalpa has already given us a list of his favourite races. You can judge for yourself.

Who remembers this one?!

Quote Originally Posted by Catalpa
    In declining order of popularity:

The Western Europeans + English speaking countries incl. White South Africa.

The Chinese + Filipinos

The Indian sub Continent

The East Europeans (not incl. The Roma!)

The Muslims from North Africa + ME

The Black Africans

Everybody else

The Roma

in that order.

Well thats my popularity list, which I think is one most people would share
    I don't know which I find more disturbing, the fact that Catalpa has an actual list or the fact that he thinks most people share it.

On balance I think it's the latter.

Quote Originally Posted by gerhard dengler View Post
    Blame the state and government.
    They were warned in the early 1980's about the drug/doping epidemic that was headed toward Ireland at the time.
    Their response? They ignored the warnings.
    +1

Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment