Register to Comment
Page 129 of 129 FirstFirst ... 29 79 119127128129
Results 1,281 to 1,288 of 1288
Like Tree139Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Silvio Dante View Post
    Alas in these times mocking is a daily form of attack on peopel of faith...
    You must admit though that its hard to dialogue normally (without mocking) with people who because of faith claim to be saved from the destiny of eternal damnation for those who don't share the faith. Sort of puts the non-believer a bit on the back foot so that mockery is employed to shake the pedestal a bit.
    My sympathies all the same for those who have to endure mockery day in and day out - must be terrible!
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by Toland View Post
    I try to avoid mocking myself on most occasions. But not always. Just occasionally it's an effective way of underlining a point that's staring in the face of my conversation partner.

Even then one has to be careful, mocking can often just give the conversation partner an excuse not to address that point.

But, as I say, I'm relieved to hear you don't feel you have a right not to be mocked. It is not the case with many of your co-religionaries, you understand.
    How many direct replies on this thread have you posted to Silvio?

There is a bad stench about you and your input to this site generally.

Quote Originally Posted by Silvio Dante View Post
    Alas in these times mocking is a daily form of attack on peopel of faith...
    P.ie ignore option is your friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Toland View Post
    Perhaps you should take a look at what's behind that mocking.
    A myriad of reasons I'm sure. Fear, low self esteem, resentments and so on...

Thats right yeah. The person going through life pyschologically dependent on a mythological being is the 'strong' one. Religion in Ireland and its most common symptoms was always more of a pathology.

Look back on the thread featuring comments about the 'Venerable Matt Talbot' for an insight into religion as a pathology. A poor dry drunk who went off his head and started self-harming to the point of wrapping chains around himself under his clothes and the pathology crew in Ireland decide to walk past the obvious and regard that as somehow to be admired.

Religion in Ireland and in particular extreme catholicism went way past theology for some and ended up being a pathology. There is no way that sort of pandering to self-harming is an example of psychological strength or even remotely healthy or normal and the pathology is there too in no small measure among the barefoot Croagh Patrickers and those loons strapping cilices to themselves.

Psychologically healthy, alright. Well off the spectrum.

Quote Originally Posted by LamportsEdge View Post
    Thats right yeah. The person going through life pyschologically dependent on a mythological being is the 'strong' one.

I'm not strong at all. I am weak, sinful and unworthy. But through the Grace of God I have a path in life that gives me hope and salvation...

Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment