Register to Comment
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Disillusioned democrat View Post
    The government clearly regards the private citizens of the country with contempt. It's obvious from their "do as I say, not as I do" attitude to austerity, their blatant ability to turn a blind eye to criminal behaviour amongst their own ranks and the facilitating of civil servants' pensions even when contractually they're not entitled to them.

This was supposed to be the government of change, but has been absolutely steadfast at maintaining the status quo in its first year in government at a time when the population would have accepted real reform. Now over a year later and the signals from the government is that spending is back up, TDs allowances are on th increase, government controlled costs are driving inflation up, despite austerity being forced on everyone outside the senior ranks of the public and civil service. You'd be forgiven for thinking the crisis was over.

No, most recently, the government facilitates a €300k payout to retiring Paul Appleby it didn't have to, Ministers are more concerned with children's clothes and cheap drink than ensuring prosecutions in corporate governance wrong doings and ex FG ministers implicated in corruption have pretty much "access all areas" passes to the current government.
    Thought when I read this post that it was a joke---then read on and some of the following contributions convinced me I was right.The poster may be delusioned but one thing he certainly, is not a democrat. Yes there are problems in the economy---yes progress is slow---no this Govt. is not the same as its predecessor--the reference to childrens clothes and cheap drink is bizarrre --the reference to increses in TDs expenses is incorrect and the reference to the question of access to Govt. Ministers is a load of stupid nonsense. Have to ask who let this poster out----he should be locked up in a safe place.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by hedzog View Post
    Upset you did it , might damage the status quo ? , guns can always come back , sooner or later the irish people will see the need to remove the elites and the corrupts that have ruined this state since it was foundation , guns may very well be needed to do so
    What a stupid post--would urge you to take a reality check on yourself---would hope you do not have a firearms certificate

Quote Originally Posted by leftsoc View Post
    Again we have this weird idea that there would be no violence in Irish politics had we stayed with UK.

We would have invaded USSR in 1920, Iraq in 1930 , attacked Greece in 1947, caused havoc in Kenya in the 1950's, .........

I have only mentioned a fraction of the UK's wars since 1916. Do the dead victims of UK imperialism count for nothing at all. By God, some of them were even White!
    I am baffled as to how you read that in to my comment. I was simply saying violence is the very last resort anyone should ever consider. If there is a democratic way of changing government then that is the path to follow. Otherwise, do people dig out the pike every time they disagree with a government? We should be looking at civil disobedience and marching as the next step. You saw what the pensioners achieved when they got off their arses. Mass movement, and mass civil disobedience, will achieve more in this situation that violence.

Quote Originally Posted by Burnout View Post
    I said this in answer to another post, similar vein. Just because they have an electoral mandate from us, are they then freely allowed to rape + pillage us for the full 5 years without EVER been able to be called up to answer questions by any forum, senate etc? Is that the game. It's wrong. Blatently wrong.
    Democracy my good man.Rape and pillage is not on their agenda though--we elected them to get us out of a situation created by their predecessors,where nobody in their sane senses would lend us any money.This invoves them in taking very tough decisions--I do not like it and I havent met anyone else who does--but I know that we have little alternative but to take the medecine if we are to ensure that our public services do not collapse.

Quote Originally Posted by loner View Post
    Thought when I read this post that it was a joke---then read on and some of the following contributions convinced me I was right.The poster may be delusioned but one thing he certainly, is not a democrat. Yes there are problems in the economy---yes progress is slow---no this Govt. is not the same as its predecessor--the reference to childrens clothes and cheap drink is bizarrre --the reference to increses in TDs expenses is incorrect and the reference to the question of access to Govt. Ministers is a load of stupid nonsense. Have to ask who let this poster out----he should be locked up in a safe place.
    So, what you're saying is this government is great, and I'm some kind of conspiracy theorist thinking Howlin just raised the limit for TDs to spend money to lie to us, that Michael Lowry is a paragon of virtue and that all that nonsense in other threads about kids clothes is my imagination?

Quote Originally Posted by neiphin View Post
    there will always be apologists for the government
    to paraphrase yourself
    its awfull but there is nothing we can do about it ,
    well there is, plenty , if only the people stood up , and made there voices heard
    They did just that 12 short months ago ---people stood up then and wiped out FF who created the mess--we were bankrupt as a nation and we appointed people to try anddo something about it--would suggest you try to help that effort than engage in whinging.

Quote Originally Posted by dizillusioned View Post
    Looking at Joe Costello last night, you would think that the FG/LAB coalition had the whole situation under control. He was telling lies. Pat Rabitte on Morning Ireland spouting that the PNs were not paid, more lies, Noonan saying that we have a deal on the PNs, more lies. Enda saying we are poised to regain our economic sovereignty next year, more lies. Eamonn Gilmore has just lied from day one promising the sun moon and stars pre-election and post election carrying on the same FF rhetoric.

Until people start to actually DO something, these Idiots will continue to hire spin doctors and lie to the Irish public. How Howlin allows TDs and Ministers to spend more on spin doctors in this time is beyond me. Politicians once in power are all the same. Not ONE has a backbone. I hate what FF did to this country. I abhor them from the depths of my heart, but this Government has done much worse IMHO, they lied immediately before the elections and have continued to lie to everyone in this country. Shame on them.
    Do not think your television viewing is good for your health---Bet you voted for FF--YOU SHOULD BE SEEKING ABSOLUTION--THAT WAS A MORTAL SIN.

Quote Originally Posted by loner View Post
    Do not think your television viewing is good for your health---Bet you voted for FF--YOU SHOULD BE SEEKING ABSOLUTION--THAT WAS A MORTAL SIN.
    No wonder the name...loner... are you always such a tit?

I have to agree with dizillusioned, they had an open goal in front of them 12 months ago, a population willing to tolerate public sector strikes, changes to contracts, mass dismissal of incompetent senior bankers and civil servants, the jailing, pending trial of the Anglo senior execs, etc., but.....not a phecking thing happened. The minister for public sector reform is a joke, the civil servant investigating Anglo is retired, TDs now entitled to MORE money to pay for spin doctors and planning irregularities and dodgy deals in the VECs are being brushed under the carpet.
    Who you think you are fooling with this nonsense.

So, what you're saying is this government is great,
    No not saying that at all.

and I'm some kind of conspiracy theorist thinking Howlin just raised the limit for TDs to spend money to lie to us,
    The limit they can spend is the same but they can spend it on different things.

that Michael Lowry is a paragon of virtue
    Take it up with the people of North Tipp. who in their wisdom think he is still and an acceptable person to represent them

and that all that nonsense in other threads about kids clothes is my imagination?

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment