Register to Comment
Page 59 of 70 FirstFirst ... 9 495758596061 69 ... LastLast
Like Tree217Likes
    Twitter
    @

Quote Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post

The Dole Bowl
    , minus 80 Euro for the pleasure of being surrounded by thousands of entranced eijjetswho are losing the plot in a "green jersey moment", as they are mesmerized by grown men frantically chasing a piece of polysyterene full of air for two hours.

It is proof that the proles can be controlled by the media to be distracted to the point of ruin.

Bread and circuses - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You don't even get 2 hours of 'entertainment' for your €80; a game of soccer lasts for a mere 90 minutes (although I admit that when watching Trapattoni-ball, it all too often feels like 2 hours - or longer.)
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Inside MaryLou's head.

Quote Originally Posted by firefly123 View Post
    Limerick
    Athlone
    Moate
    Athlone is nice and relaxed. It is a clean town, beautiful by the Shannon with lots to see and do night and day. Whenever I visit the place I get a good feeling. Moate is odd just one big empty street and Limerick has way manz euroshops. Actually Athlone is now changing and is also getting loads of new poundshops and discount stores which is dragging the place down. A huge one opened in the Golden Island just the other day for example and I find that depressing. But for the most part I disagree with you that Athlone is a depressing place. It is on the way but it is not there yet

Quote Originally Posted by -NW2- View Post
    Tipp Town has to be up there with the worst. Depressing place.
    The bit between Tipp town and Limerick Junction station is no picnic

Ballinasloe really Sucks.

Galway is also a depressing ****hole, particularly in the winter. Infested with drunks, winos and kn**kers, rains all day at least every second day. Salthill is looking more tacky and rundown than it's ever been.

Quote Originally Posted by Long Gone View Post
    Ballinasloe really Sucks.

Galway is also a depressing ****hole, particularly in the winter. Infested with drunks, winos and kn**kers, rains all day at least every second day. Salthill is looking more tacky and rundown than it's ever been.
    And then there's the oversupply of Bobos (bourgoise bohemians) in Galway living the clichéd good life dream!

City: Galway - full of drunks, hipsters and obese american tourists.
    Town: Fermoy - one street with odd locals.
    Village: Sixmilebridge, County Clare - overdeveloped sprawl with a load of housing estates. Used to look nice before they overdeveloped the village. A real victim of the Celtic Tiger.

Quote Originally Posted by shanieboy01 View Post
    Wherever Brian cowen was from
    Clara. Seems ok a place. The local auvtioneer is called err, Cowen.

Strange thread this.

Virtually every town and city in Ireland has been named on this thread. Which might lead somone to believe the whole of Ireland is a depressing kip. Maybo Eamo Dunphy was right?

It's silly to judge a place dreary and depressing from just driving through it once. Many of these towns and cities have festivals at different times of the year, particularly summer.

Galway is not a depressing place, it has got a lot to offer, but you make of it what you will.

Quote Originally Posted by anewbeginning View Post
    Strange thread this.

Virtually every town and city in Ireland has been named on this thread. Which might lead somone to believe the whole of Ireland is a depressing kip. Maybo Eamo Dunphy was right?

It's silly to judge a place dreary and depressing from just driving through it once. Many of these towns and cities have festivals at different times of the year, particularly summer.

Galway is not a depressing place, it has got a lot to offer, but you make of it what you will.
    Maybe I was being silly but I drove through Tuam once and it didn't instantly remind me of the Cote d'Azur - I often wonder why

Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment