Register to Comment
Page 287 of 478 FirstFirst ... 187 237 277285286287288289 297 337 387 ... LastLast
Results 2,861 to 2,870 of 4772
Like Tree2155Likes

Quote Originally Posted by IrishTom View Post
    Good girl, 10 out of 10 for grammar and punctuation.

Now any chance you can stay on topic instead of using the old tactic of derailing threads that dont fit your agenda.
    You missed an apostrophe in "don't", Tom. And forgot the question mark at the end of the same sentence.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Anyway, back on topic.

There is absolutely no need for Ireland to import cheap foreign labour,
    the only people to benefit from this are the big bankers and business elites.
    The topic is not the importation of cheap foreign labour.

The politicians are little more than puppets having their strings pulled by international banking cartels.
    Their goal is to pit ordinary folks against each other to keep the spot light off them, dont vent your anger at the Polski or Indian working in Ireland, it's not their fault. If you are angry or frustrated vent at the politicians who allow exploitation of ordinary workers, vent at the big business elites who's goal it is to drive down wages and working conditions.
    If you are intelligent enough to see this then I don't understand how you cannot see that this is exactly what those with a racist agenda are doing.

Dont get angry at Mitsui, Astral et al. They are either too stupid or too brainwashed to realise any of this, as such they are best ignored in all aspects of the immigration debate, just push forward and keep raising the issue, make people aware of the facts.
    What issue, what facts?

Why do you keep conflating the argument for controlled immigration with the argument against multi-culturalism? Why do you ignore anyone who says that they are in favour of controlled immigration for economic reasons but not of racism?

When these bots are faced with critical thought and the facts their bull shiit arguments and propaganda fall apart, be under no illusion, these trolls are operating to a well defined agenda, they are paid for posting this drivel on here day in day out, they work for the propaganda department.

We're onto you!
    Post some facts there Tom, dazzle us with facts.

They have been conspicious by their abscense from your posts up to now, so you will forgive me if I don't hold my breath, okay?

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsui2 View Post
    You missed an apostrophe in "don't", Tom. And forgot the question mark at the end of the same sentence.
    So what? I dont care. now tell us how much do the Propaganda department pay you?
    By the hour or by the post?

Quote Originally Posted by NewDawn1 View Post
    Labguages?
    Yes indeed - it's the in-house term for the study of language history in language labs. Sorry - didn't mean to get technical.

Quote Originally Posted by Astral Peaks View Post
    Post some facts there Tom, dazzle us with facts.

They have been conspicious by their abscense from your posts up to now, so you will forgive me if I don't hold my breath, okay?
    How much do you get paid? Are the conditions in the propaganda department good?
    What type of psychoanalysis do they teach you or have you not reached that level yet, hmm?

So what? I dont care. now tell us how much do the Propaganda department pay you?
    By the hour or by the post?
    I already answered that, Tom. About 1,000 posts ago.

Do try to keep up, there's a good chap.

Yes indeed - it's the in-house term for the study of language history in language labs. Sorry - didn't mean to get technical.
    Shut it, you gob shiite. We're onto you Technology is great, isn't it?

Shut it, you gob shiite. We're onto you Technology is great, isn't it?
    As ever, the real Tom emerges.

That story really riled you, didn't it?

Felt a bit too real, I bet?

See, there's a large part of your problem with communications right there: depending on usage and situation and so on, there are various ways of writing things that are apt in the circumstances; but when it comes down to fundamentals, these matters are (contrary to what you and - more obviously - Irish Tom seem to feel about such things) not really matters of personal opinion.

Historically I've no doubt that at one stage "countermeasures" was written as two words (and almost certainly, at some intermediate stage, as a single, hyphenated one). But while one does still occasionally see the hyphenated form, the single-word usage is nowadays (as best I'm aware) the normal one, and I've rarely if ever seen the word written "counter measures" - which could, after all, legitimately be read as a reference to measures involving, say, shop counters, and would therefore actually be unclear.
    The need for clarity in a contemporary context has a great deal to do with the way words, languages - and indeed populations - change over time.

With the many millions of English-speakers in the world, the language is constantly changing, and the truth is that what you might personally feel about particular linguistic uasges is pretty irrelevant in the end. The world marches on regardless - as I've no doubt at all you've found in other areas as well.

But somehow I suspect this is all a new field for you - I don;t get the impression you've spent much time thinking about the development of labguages. Or indeed languages. Or indeed development. Or even, indeed, thinking.
    Have you ever tried Flotation Tank Therapy? Its fantastic, one of the best things iv ever done. It teaches you how to see the universe as it is; constantly changing. You should try it some time. It might help with what must be a a very unhealthy disposition to constantly tell people off for not spelling things properly and it might help to cure you of the need to be witty (and most prob laugh at you own jokes) all the time.

Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment