Register to Comment
Page 171 of 478 FirstFirst ... 71 121 161169170171172173 181 221 271 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,710 of 4773
Like Tree2156Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Alara View Post
    I live in Ireland

wow, thank God this guy showed up, I mean, this thread was truly in desperate need of yet one more squawking wannabe wise-ass ...(not).

Anyways, in case anyone missed it, this is the link:

2012 AR Conference | American Renaissance
    More and more spamming the thread with random information on a coffee-group in the U.S.

Can you not have a debate about multiculturalism and Ireland?

p.s. This isn't a racial issue.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by IrishTom View Post
    That monkey brain is debatable, I'll go with my own version......how much do you get paid to troll this forum?
    Asked and answered, didn't you read my post?

This coming from the guy who posted numerous cheese/feet/ whatever comments ?The guy who is plays along with a group of shreiking harpies that have admitted they are HIJACKING this thread intentionally?
    'Spamming' indeed.

Oh, is that right...........
    The cheese discussion was actually on-topic. We were talking about the Multicultural nature of Irish Cheese cultures used in Modern Irish cheese production.

Topic of the thread question - if you have not read the OP.
    ........Are We Finally A Modern Multicultural Nation?

Your above post on some coffee-group in Nashville isn't on-topic.

Quote Originally Posted by redhead View Post
    Defining what multiculturalism is, or is not, is a part of that debate. Simply stating that you would prefer a monoculture and the reasons why over and over doesn't negate the original question.
    To be fair, NewdDaw & co aren't very forthcoming on "the reasons why".

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsui2 View Post
    To be fair, NewdDaw & co aren't very forthcoming on "the reasons why".
    sdfgsfggrgg

Quote Originally Posted by Munnkeyman View Post

Topic of the thread question - if you have not read the OP.
    ........Are We Finally A Modern Multicultural Nation?

Yes, well, the thread was never really going to stay on-topic was it?!

It begs the question of whether it's a good thing, what it means, and whether the words 'finally' and 'modern' are justified in the context - but if we are keeping it strictly under the terms of the OP, then I think Ireland is a modern nation but not a multicultural one. We seem immune to some of the silliness you'd read about in the Netherlands, Britain, etc. and part of it is because the Irish consider culture something to be defended in a way that the British and Dutch don't, something we share with anyone else who has felt under threat.
    If we can open our doors (a bit) to immigration while assimilating our newcomers properly we will have succeeded where others have failed. Then we'll 'finally' be a 'modern' nation.

Right--Cheese, forgot to add that one to the feet/fish pile, thanks.

No it wasn't. It was just another part of an admitted thread hijack tactic, one they plan to use in the future whenever they want to siderail convos containing voices they don't wanna hear:

But please, carry on, watching you try to control this conversation has been good fun
    The cheese discussion was, decidedly, on-topic.
    You have made very little attempt to debate, you keep spamming the thread some nonsense on some coffee-group meeting in Nashville.

We'll try it again.

Is Ireland a Modern Multicultural Nation?

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Johnston View Post
    Yes, well, the thread was never really going to stay on-topic was it?!

It begs the question of whether it's a good thing, what it means, and whether the words 'finally' and 'modern' are justified in the context - but if we are keeping it strictly under the terms of the OP, then I think Ireland is a modern nation but not a multicultural one. We seem immune to some of the silliness you'd read about in the Netherlands, Britain, etc. and part of it is because the Irish consider culture something to be defended in a way that the British and Dutch don't, something we share with anyone else who has felt under threat.
    If we can open our doors (a bit) to immigration while assimilating our newcomers properly we will have succeeded where others have failed. Then we'll 'finally' be a 'modern' nation.
    I do agree, assimilation is the way forward. Well it wouldn't truly be total assimilation either, maybe a slight bit of a slight amalgam of bits and pieces.
    Tim, do you have any idea why posters, who are so vociferously against Multiculturalism and what implementing multicultural initiatives would actually entail,
    can't actually explain what it is ?

No, it wasn't....it was a follow on to the thread hijack, haha.....you are busted.

Carry on!
    I'm constantly asking the question that you, and quite a few other posters, keep failing to answer. You are the person derailing the thread for yourself.
    You could get involved but you decide not to. Why is that? Do you suffer from low self-esteem and feel that you have nothing to offer to the debate?

Is that why you refuse to even attempt to answer the following question?

Is Ireland a Modern Multicultural Nation?

Quote Originally Posted by redhead View Post
    I don't see anything random in people having left their homes, their families, their culture and in many ways their identity to come here and seek a new/different and in a lot of cases better way of life. As a nation who traditionally engaged in emigration I think a lot of us feel an affinity with these people and the journeys they have taken.
    Platitudes?, Bit rich coming from you considering the banality of most of your posts!

Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment