Register to Comment
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Quote Originally Posted by grainne whale View Post
    Ah no, let's privatise it, it's the answer to everything.
    I think that the idea of mining it for gold is much better, particularly in these tight times.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

I climbed it a few years ago at the ehight of summer its a tough enough climb. There have been a bucnh ofd stories in the media about aul wans climbing it, so very thinks its easy. Its far from easy but people who want to climb it and arent able its not anyone else business

Quote Originally Posted by Hewson View Post
    The thread title is grossly misleading. Croagh Patrick endangers no one. It's the people who insist on climbing it on foggy days wearing no shoes, they're the problem.

Mass at base camp would be a better idea.

What about the cone that is eroding, falling stones and a woman fell down on top of another younger person last Sunday. Of course the fact that helicopter pilots are put in danger with mist and winds does not matter either - that is their job and they love the exercise ! Remember helicopter crew at Waterford a few years ago in bad conditions.

Well if people like to climb it barefoot maybe they could climb it totally naked - for charity like!
    Brian Cowen could lead the way...

You know the bit near the top with the loose stones (well years ago when I was a lad) that slip down when your climbing.

Well I wonder do they bring these stones back up to the top because surely after all these years they would all be down at the bottom.

I would like to get to the bottom of wheter these stones are brought back up. So if anyone has any inside knowledge can ye let me know. Ta very much.

Quote Originally Posted by blinding View Post
    You know the bit near the top with the loose stones (well years ago when I was a lad) that slip down when your climbing.

Well I wonder do they bring these stones back up to the top because surely after all these years they would all be down at the bottom.

I would like to get to the bottom of wheter these stones are brought back up. So if anyone has any inside knowledge can ye let me know. Ta very much.
    I climbed it maybe seven years ago and remeber them well

Believe it or not I climbed Croke Patrick in 2003. I was staying with my brother in Louisburg and when you opened his back door there was Croke Patrick a few miles away. It nearly killed me and it took me hours but as others say, the view is astounding. The stones are still there, slippery little and big buggers. Don't know if they are the same stones though. They kinda all look the same to me. I know. i'm a stonist!

I was actually in the Orthopaedic ward this year but there were no admissions from the climb, with broken bones anyway!

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment