Register to Comment
Page 337 of 361 FirstFirst ... 237 287 327335336337338339 347 ... LastLast
Results 3,361 to 3,370 of 3609
Like Tree614Likes

Quote Originally Posted by MauriceColgan View Post
    What I admire is tangible. .
    You admire the excrement written by Dawkins.

It is tangible and has been flushed away long ago into the common sewers.

Can you find something more elevated Maurice to admire instead of moaning away with your incessant drivel about crashing bore Dawkins?
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by The Field Marshal View Post

Can you find something more elevated Maurice to admire instead of moaning away with your incessant drivel about crashing bore Dawkins?
    Yes I will mention Daniel Barenboim the great classical pianist, conductor and brilliant Beethoven scholar.
    Although Jewish. I think he is an atheist. He has to be.

I think you are being unfair to Dawkins. He has a handy number, he writes reasonably well (bit of the Eamonn Dunphy style). Maurice Colgan has nothing to say or add, so he repeats the same mantra that God aka Dawkins is great. Nothing new here and certainly no insights at all. Talk about being blinded by the light or whatever rhymes with it.
    Maurice is not a serious character. He should really stay to his gardening.

Quote Originally Posted by mary_queen_of_the_gael View Post
    I think you are being unfair to Dawkins. He has a handy number, he writes reasonably well (bit of the Eamonn Dunphy style). Maurice Colgan has nothing to say or add, so he repeats the same mantra that God aka Dawkins is great. Nothing new here and certainly no insights at all. Talk about being blinded by the light or whatever rhymes with it.
    Maurice is generous enough to find your rantings on this thread amusing. I just find them empty of anything apart from venom.

I note he quoted Daniel Barenboim [despite his Jewishness] as somebody to admire on the basis that a great classical pianist, conductor and brilliant Beethoven scholar just had to be an atheist.

It must therefor be really horrible for poor Maurice having to listen to any classical music since the best of it was all composed by catholic composers and the bulk of it by Christian composers and God believers.

I dont think Maurice listens to classical music on any voluntary basis and probably turns it off immediately he hears it since its not composed by atheists.

Quote Originally Posted by MauriceColgan View Post
    Yes I will mention Daniel Barenboim the great classical pianist, conductor and brilliant Beethoven scholar.
    Although Jewish. I think he is an atheist. He has to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Toland View Post
    Maurice is generous enough to find your rantings on this thread amusing. I just find them empty of anything apart from venom.
    You would of course find a statement generous that great classical pianists,conductors although Jewish just had to be atheists.

Sigh : The sheer levels of desperation from unbelievers just gets worse everyday.

Quote Originally Posted by Toland View Post
    That is very decent of him, is it not? Do you think much of the utilitarian cult Dawkins' show was about last night? Can you point to any contribution Mr Dawkins has made to science? No? He is just a TV presenter and a very successful author and self promoter. Not much there to get worked up about, except he poisons and stifles minds.

Maurice Colgan is incapable of bringing anything new to the thread about Dawkins for the simple reason there is nothing to bring. Ripping off Singer seems a bit desperate. Richer veins must need a rest. Maurice is simply bumping this thread about a quasi academic who, like our own David Norris not only found his crock of gold but was helped to find and mine it.

I note he quoted Daniel Barenboim [despite his Jewishness] as somebody to admire on the basis that a great classical pianist, conductor and brilliant Beethoven scholar just had to be an atheist.

It must therefor be really horrible for poor Maurice having to listen to any classical music since the best of it was all composed by catholic composers and the bulk of it by Christian composers and God believers.

I dont think Maurice listens to classical music on any voluntary basis and probably turns it off immediately he hears it since its not composed by atheists.

I caught him out on Dostoyevski before but who knows? When scores are taken out of their (religious) setting, they obviously lose something. Still, Dawkins is generous enough to allow a space in English literature for them. He should begin with his own failed university which has nothing to offer but his own hot air, which keeps him in clover but does nothing for his young charges.

Stalin's "architects of the soul" comes to mind.

I caught him out on Dostoyevski before but who knows? When scores are taken out of their (religious) setting, they obviously lose something. Still, Dawkins is generous enough to allow a space in English literature for them. He should begin with his own failed university which has nothing to offer but his own hot air, which keeps him in clover but does nothing for his young charges.

Stalin's "architects of the soul" comes to mind.
    Your not addresing my point concerning Maurices desperate pathetic efforts to convince himself that a great classical pianist ,conductor and Beethoven scholar just has to be an atheist.

The great classical composers wrote all types of music including religious works.
    What most of them had in common was a religious belief mainly Christianity.

Its an extremely pathetic form of atheism to argue that great achievement in art is only possible for unbelievers.

All art history contradicts that idiotic view.

Now now mary no fibs please. I was reading Dostoevsky's great novels when you were just a tot.

Of course the great composers wrote church music. The best of Elvis Presley's Gospel songs are very beautiful.

Nevertheless God inspired works in a Godless Universe are just like the God, man's work!

At our best, we are brilliant!

Am I not?

For the believers http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xq7aYTVfJh4

Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment