Register to Comment
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Will The Catholic Church Ever Allow Women Priests?

Why is it that there are never any discussions/debates within the Catholic Church on having women priests? With the grave shortage of vocations, and the closure of so many churches due to a lack of male priests, one would think that the only solution to this decline would be to look, at least, at the possibility of women being ordained as priests. I see no reason why only men are chosen. Yeah, I know Jesus didn't go around with 12 women apostles but that was 2000 odd years ago and things have changed a bit since then, hasn't it?

I mean, whats so wrong with women? If God made us in his own image, well, whose to say S/he is not a woman?

And lets face it, we may not have had the horror stories about paedophiles if women were the priests.

Women priests could actually halt the decline of the Church, after the initial hysteria died down, couldn't they?
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
    Why is it that there are never any discussions/debates within the Catholic Church on having women priests? With the grave shortage of vocations, and the closure of so many churches due to a lack of male priests, one would think that the only solution to this decline would be to look, at least, at the possibility of women being ordained as priests. I see no reason why only men are chosen. Yeah, I know Jesus didn't go around with 12 women apostles but that was 2000 odd years ago and things have changed a bit since then, hasn't it?

I mean, whats so wrong with women? If God made us in his own image, well, whose to say S/he is not a woman?

And lets face it, we may not have had the horror stories about paedophiles if women were the priests.

Women priests could actually halt the decline of the Church, after the initial hysteria died down, couldn't they?
    It would cause a schism, and for that reason it may never happen. The Pope's main responsibility is to ensure the unity of the church.

Quote Originally Posted by Cato View Post
    It would cause a schism, and for that reason it may never happen. The Pope's main responsibility is to ensure the unity of the church.
    So they would rather decline than have a division? Great!

Though, I don't think allowing women priests would turn things around.

Quote Originally Posted by Demotruk View Post
    So they would rather decline than have a division? Great!

Though, I don't think allowing women priests would turn things around.
    Do you underestimate the strength of character and good judgment of your female counterparts, Demotruk?

I think the Catholic Church will have women priests in about 300-400 years time.

Quote Originally Posted by Cato View Post
    It's hard not to when they are so quiet about the inferior position they hold in the institutional church.
    How do you know that's the case? Just because their voices can't be heard doesn't mean they don't hold strong views about this.

Yawn.

Who cares?

Quote Originally Posted by FortyCoats
    Yawn.
    If you're bored there's a queestion waiting for you over here

Quote Originally Posted by FortyCoats View Post
    Yawn.
    Sadly the above post is of a better value than most of what he's posted on other threads...

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment