Register to Comment
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Glennshane View Post
    I am not funny. I disapprove of fun; I am a Catholic.
    Thou shalt not have fun? I missed have missed that Commandment.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by Cato View Post
    It would cause a schism, and for that reason it may never happen. The Pope's main responsibility is to ensure the unity of the church.

The Pope is the Bishop of the Church and as such his role is to discern the will of God, NOT to keep unity of the Church.

Quote Originally Posted by Glennshane View Post

"Women have roles in the church"

There role should be restricted to making sandwiches.
    Does the Church have some great need of sandwiches? That must have passed me by as well.
    Last edited by femmefatale; 20th October 2009 at 12:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
    Why is it that there are never any discussions/debates within the Catholic Church on having women priests? With the grave shortage of vocations, and the closure of so many churches due to a lack of male priests, one would think that the only solution to this decline would be to look, at least, at the possibility of women being ordained as priests. I see no reason why only men are chosen. Yeah, I know Jesus didn't go around with 12 women apostles but that was 2000 odd years ago and things have changed a bit since then, hasn't it?

I mean, whats so wrong with women? If God made us in his own image, well, whose to say S/he is not a woman?

And lets face it, we may not have had the horror stories about paedophiles if women were the priests.

Women priests could actually halt the decline of the Church, after the initial hysteria died down, couldn't they?
    Let's keep praying, eh?

We live in hope.

Maybe we'll get a female messiah too.

Quote Originally Posted by femmefatale View Post
    Does the Church have some great need of sandwiches? That must have passed me by as well.
    Every parish needs their Mrs. Doyle. A very necessary role that won't be screwed up by their femaleness.

Quote Originally Posted by Demotruk View Post
    Every parish needs their Mrs. Doyle. A very necessary role that won't be screwed up by their femaleness.

Quote Originally Posted by femmefatale View Post
    You were probably too busy gossiping.

Quote Originally Posted by Newsy View Post
    The Pope is the Bishop of the Church and as such his role is to discern the will of God, NOT to keep unity of the Church.
    You'll find that when religious leaders consult God, they discover that his will coincides with their own to an extraordinary degree.

Quote Originally Posted by Baron von Biffo View Post
    You'll find that when religious leaders consult God, they discover that his will coincides with their own to an extraordinary degree.

Ain't that the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
    Why is it that there are never any discussions/debates within the Catholic Church on having women priests? With the grave shortage of vocations, and the closure of so many churches due to a lack of male priests, one would think that the only solution to this decline would be to look, at least, at the possibility of women being ordained as priests. I see no reason why only men are chosen. Yeah, I know Jesus didn't go around with 12 women apostles but that was 2000 odd years ago and things have changed a bit since then, hasn't it?

I mean, whats so wrong with women? If God made us in his own image, well, whose to say S/he is not a woman?

And lets face it, we may not have had the horror stories about paedophiles if women were the priests.

Women priests could actually halt the decline of the Church, after the initial hysteria died down, couldn't they?

Trusted nursery worker's child sex on facebook | News

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment