Register to Comment
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Quote Originally Posted by femmefatale View Post
    Do you underestimate the strength of character and good judgment of your female counterparts, Demotruk?
    I think the Catholic church will decline regardless of whether reform is achieved or not. It might make more priests available for a while, but I don't think it'd create a resurgence in Catholic faith.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

The Church does not allow male nuns either but that doesn't seem to bother most people.

Do you underestimate the strength of character and good judgment of your female counterparts, Demotruk?
    That could not be underestimated.

Quote Originally Posted by Cato View Post
    Ehhh... if they hold those strong views then they are being very quiet about them. Do you feel strongly about this issue?
    At this time of night? Not especially. I do actually feel very strongly about having a greater gender balance and equal representation in the Church. The public face of the Catholic Church is exclusively male and that is wrong. Women need a profile and a say.

How do you know that's the case? Just because their voices can't be heard doesn't mean they don't hold strong views about this.
    Unfortunately, women's voices are far too easy to hear. It says in the Bible "It would be better to live in a corner of a crowded roof top than with a brawling woman - and in a wide house".

Quote Originally Posted by Glennshane View Post
    Unfortunately, women's voices are far too easy to hear. It says in the Bible "It would be better to live in a corner of a crowded roof top than with a brawling woman - and in a wide house".
    You are funny, GS!

Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
    Why is it that there are never any discussions/debates within the Catholic Church on having women priests? With the grave shortage of vocations, and the closure of so many churches due to a lack of male priests, one would think that the only solution to this decline would be to look, at least, at the possibility of women being ordained as priests. I see no reason why only men are chosen. Yeah, I know Jesus didn't go around with 12 women apostles but that was 2000 odd years ago and things have changed a bit since then, hasn't it?

I mean, whats so wrong with women? If God made us in his own image, well, whose to say S/he is not a woman?

And lets face it, we may not have had the horror stories about paedophiles if women were the priests.

Women priests could actually halt the decline of the Church, after the initial hysteria died down, couldn't they?

The Anglican Church is in decline in Britain because so many experienced Anglicans disagreed with the idea of Women Priests..........

My Families local priest in the UK is a Canon whom was an Anglican and many others in that diocese, but interestingly a woman whom works part-time with my mum was confered earlier this year.

Women have roles in the church but not the roles which were assigned for men...........

Plus I've seen an absolute stunning girl that was an anglican vicar who spoke out against about british abortion law...... how it has no restrictions for anything e.g. an unborn child with a cleft pallet, she mentioned it because she was born with one and has lived a life without hinderence.

Beautiful woman and definitely the sort I'd love to have as my other half but seeing her with a white collar was weird...... seriously

You are funny, GS!
    I am not funny. I disapprove of fun; I am a Catholic.

[QUOTE=DaBrow;2211695]

"Women have roles in the church"

Their role should be restricted to making sandwiches.
    Last edited by Glennshane; 20th October 2009 at 12:25 AM.

Women need a profile and a say.
    Like Katie Price.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment