Register to Comment
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Brenny

The " Bandon Valley Massacre " ( April 1922 Revisited ) Lecture by John M. Regan.

There are multiple threads on this I know, but some posters have quoted Dr. Regan so I thought I'd post this here in the Cork section so that anyone interested can come along.

Please note : the parenthesis are those of either the organisers or Dr. Regan, so don't pile in on me !!

Dr. John M. Regan, University of Dundee

The ‘Bandon Valley Massacre’ (April 1922) Revisited’

Ballroom of the Imperial Hotel, Cork

2.30 pm, Saturday 28th April, 2012

Chair: An t-Ollamh Seán O Coileáin

Discussion facilitator: Dr Hiram Morgan

Respondent: Dr Andrew Bielenberg

John Regan’s article on the issue is available here:

'The 'Bandon Valley Massacre' as a historical problem' artcle (john regan) - Academia.edu

Event sponsored by Dúnlaoi Teoranta and the University of Dundee (registered Scottish Charity No: SC015096)

At his last lecture Dr. Regan was quite scathing about " amateur historians " in the context of this subject.
    Hopefully John. A. Murphy will be there to say that nothing much happened, because his father was in the Cork Brigade and would never have been involved in sectarianism.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by former wesleyan View Post
    There are multiple threads on this I know, but some posters have quoted Dr. Regan so I thought I'd post this here in the Cork section so that anyone interested can come along.

Please note : the parenthesis are those of either the organisers or Dr. Regan, so don't pile in on me !!

At his last lecture Dr. Regan was quite scathing about " amateur historians " in the context of this subject.
    Hopefully John. A. Murphy will be there to say that nothing much happened, because his father was in the Cork Brigade and would never have been involved in sectarianism.

and Murphy will probably also say again that his forebears were no mean people, withstood centuries of oppression, hardship, vilification etc and still came through.

This really doesn't deserve another thread.
    Fr Hank Tree's thread was about this very lecture.

<Mod> This topic is being discussed here. </Mod>
    Last edited by stringjack; 24th April 2012 at 07:01 PM. Reason: Duplicate thread.

Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment