Register to Comment
Page 1 of 13 123 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 124
Like Tree47Likes
  1. #1
    Scitlipo Scitlipo is offline

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    515

    CLare co.co. needs Harvard graduates....

    The head of Finance at Clare coco and some of his pals in other local authorities are junketing at our expense and getting a Harvard qualification. Bulldog Hogan has given the usual waffle-filled explanation for the junket.
    I wonder what the qualification of our local head of finance was when he joined the council? Must have been a straight-A student-Harvard doesn't take twits

    Council officials sent on €10,000 Harvard course - National News - Independent.ie
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  2. #2
    SKELLY SKELLY is offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    4,841

    Quote Originally Posted by Scitlipo View Post
    -Harvard doesn't take twits
    If your willing to pay the big bucks and it looks like we are then Harvard will take anyone
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  3. #3
    ger12 ger12 is offline
    ger12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    20,603

    Quote Originally Posted by Scitlipo View Post
    The head of Finance at Clare coco and some of his pals in other local authorities are junketing at our expense and getting a Harvard qualification. Bulldog Hogan has given the usual waffle-filled explanation for the junket.
    I wonder what the qualification of our local head of finance was when he joined the council? Must have been a straight-A student-Harvard doesn't take twits

    Council officials sent on 10,000 Harvard course - National News - Independent.ie
    If they learn and it leads to a more efficiently run local authority, it may be worth the cost?
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  4. #4
    drummed drummed is offline
    drummed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    28,663

    It'll bring more power and prestige to Clare. Really, i don't see what your problem is
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  5. #5
    Boy M5 Boy M5 is offline
    Boy M5's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    6,818

    Same course IN&M put Ger Colleran on? He already has an MBA.
    Executive education is important, HBS is one of the best places to do this. It won't be junketing there will be plenty of night work in syndicates. Its the basis of HBS' approach.

    In short Clare people could get a superb return for this course depending on the quality of the guy going on it.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  6. #6
    drummed drummed is offline
    drummed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    28,663

    Quote Originally Posted by Boy M5 View Post
    Same course IN&M put Ger Colleran on? He already has an MBA.
    Executive education is important, HBS is one of the best places to do this. It won't be junketing there will be plenty of night work in syndicates. Its the basis of HBS' approach.

    In short Clare people could get a superb return for this course depending on the quality of the guy going on it.


    Well they could but the chances are they won't
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  7. #7
    Scitlipo Scitlipo is offline

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    515

    Quote Originally Posted by ger12 View Post
    If they learn and it leads to a more efficiently run local authority, it may be worth the cost?
    Harvard? How about UCD? Smurfit school is top class.
    Intrigued by your byline.....Why did Minister Phil Hogan drop the independent review into planning irregularities within Dublin and Cork city councils and Carlow, Meath, Galway and Cork county councils ?....wonder why one has never been instigated into the planning dept of Clare co.co?
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  8. #8
    tokkie tokkie is offline
    tokkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    16,178

    Quote Originally Posted by Boy M5 View Post
    Same course IN&M put Ger Colleran on? He already has an MBA.
    Executive education is important, HBS is one of the best places to do this. It won't be junketing there will be plenty of night work in syndicates. Its the basis of HBS' approach.

    In short Clare people could get a superb return for this course depending on the quality of the guy going on it.
    No. That is not the reaction the OP was hoping to elicit from you. You're meant to give out about this. Didn't you get the memo??
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  9. #9
    tokkie tokkie is offline
    tokkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    16,178

    Quote Originally Posted by Scitlipo View Post
    Harvard? How about UCD? Smurfit school is top class.
    Intrigued by your byline.....Why did Minister Phil Hogan drop the independent review into planning irregularities within Dublin and Cork city councils and Carlow, Meath, Galway and Cork county councils ?....wonder why one has never been instigated into the planning dept of Clare co.co?
    How much does Smurfit cost??
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  10. #10
    Scitlipo Scitlipo is offline

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    515

    Quote Originally Posted by ger12 View Post
    If they learn and it leads to a more efficiently run local authority, it may be worth the cost?
    Nothing short of firing the entire workforce and hiring them subject to accountability and ability will ever make for a better local authority.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Page 1 of 13 123 11 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment