Register to Comment
Page 44 of 69 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 54 ... LastLast
Results 431 to 440 of 681
  1. #431
    Observer2 Observer2 is offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    987

    Quote Originally Posted by On_The_Far_Right View Post
    Observer2 is a FG supporter clearly, but one of the "stock" that is high and mighty and puts regular voters off FG because they think they are someboby!!

    Observer2 is one of these "holier than thou" people who looks down on us mere voters and I for one, while supporting FG and knowing Joe OReilly well, take no comfort in Observer2 promoting the FG cause!

    Im a critical observer of FG and feel quite often they dont go far enough with their reforms and radical agenda. However, Id like to think I will always gove credit where credit is due to other candidates from other partys such as Katherine Reilly - because without all shades of opinion and policy, our democracy would not work, plain and simple!
    Isn't it remarkable that in the situation that this country presently finds itself we fail to listen and learn from what other people are saying. Perhaps it is a case that some folks are blinkered to reality and just allow themselves to be led by the nose.

    I am sorry that my line on FG and Joe O'Reilly in particular has hit a raw nerve. It would have been better, I suppose, to not mention the regional hospital campaign, that cost Virginia the potential of around a thousand jobs. But I thought it important enough to set the record straight. I am sorry that it offended some folks. By the way isn't it interesting how there are nearly as many McVitty posters up in Virginia as there are that of O'Reilly. Surely this says something, I would have thought!!
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  2. #432
    Observer2 Observer2 is offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    987

    Quote Originally Posted by vanbasten84 View Post
    Caroline Forde 40s into 5s with Paddy Power.2s with Boyles.

    Whats going on people?
    Caroline Forde spoke very well on the position of retaining jobs (Northern Sound today). She certainly sounded more convincing than Humphries & McVitty, who seem to be falling over themselves to woo the Monaghan vote following the revelation that FG plan to cut hospital spending by 2014. So where does this leave the candidates on the Monaghan hospital issue?
    Sadly it seems that FG have hung their own Cavan/Monaghan candidates out to dry when it comes to cuts in hospitals and public service numbers. There is no plan B for anyone who loses their job. Surely this says a lot about FG plans for single party government. We don't trust them and therefore recommend a vote for LABOUR to keep FG in its place.

    Well done Caroline, one of the few honest candidates in this election race we salute you and the rest of the Quinn workers.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  3. #433
    Observer2 Observer2 is offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    987

    Quote Originally Posted by Tough Paddy View Post
    You've spent the majority of your time in this thread throwing personal insults out against candudates who have the courage of their convictions to put themselves before the electorate. Do you care to now go one step further and recommend what party or who people should vote for in this election? You've had no problem in telling us the ills of various candidates, so surely you can now elighten us all as to how everyone should vote.
    I didn't know that we had any convicts standing in this election.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  4. #434
    gerrymac gerrymac is offline
    gerrymac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    802

    D day

    Quote Originally Posted by vanbasten84 View Post
    Caroline Forde 40s into 5s with Paddy Power.2s with Boyles.

    Whats going on people?
    The odds on all candidates are getting closer,as D day approaches.40-1 was always way out anyway.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  5. #435
    gerrymac gerrymac is offline
    gerrymac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    802

    We ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Observer2 View Post
    Caroline Forde spoke very well on the position of retaining jobs (Northern Sound today). She certainly sounded more convincing than Humphries & McVitty, who seem to be falling over themselves to woo the Monaghan vote following the revelation that FG plan to cut hospital spending by 2014. So where does this leave the candidates on the Monaghan hospital issue?
    Sadly it seems that FG have hung their own Cavan/Monaghan candidates out to dry when it comes to cuts in hospitals and public service numbers. There is no plan B for anyone who loses their job. Surely this says a lot about FG plans for single party government. We don't trust them and therefore recommend a vote for LABOUR to keep FG in its place.

    Well done Caroline, one of the few honest candidates in this election race we salute you and the rest of the Quinn workers.
    Who are the WE you mention Observer2 ? very mysterious. The Masonic Lodge?
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  6. #436
    Observer2 Observer2 is offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    987

    Quote Originally Posted by gerrymac View Post
    Who are the WE you mention Observer2 ? very mysterious. The Masonic Lodge?
    Jaysus Gerrymac, why you asking me?
    You have been working too hard on the trail, give yourself a rest until after the elections.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  7. #437
    On_The_Far_Right On_The_Far_Right is offline
    On_The_Far_Right's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    504

    FG need to get their act together and sharp to organise the transfer pact and get the mesage out there. I agree Observer2 McVitty is eating into OReilly base and that is worrying Im sure. Proof of pudding is in eating, when the transfers kick in FG will know who did and didnt do the job canvassing the ticket.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  8. #438
    baalthor baalthor is offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    136

    Quote Originally Posted by vanbasten84 View Post
    Caroline Forde 40s into 5s with Paddy Power.2s with Boyles.

    Whats going on people?
    Maybe Sean is dipping his toe into the gambling market again? ...(sorry, he's investing in the Caroline futures market)
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  9. #439
    damocles damocles is offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    30

    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDhYax4BinA]YouTube - The Vote Effect - vote Labour[/ame]
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  10. #440
    Observer2 Observer2 is offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    987

    Just a thought...........

    There was a time when elected representatives just popped up at election time and we wouldn't hear much from them from one election to the next.
    Now with forums like Politics.ie we can give them a kick from time to time just to wake them up. We can let off steam and remind them of their place serving the public.
    But will it really make a difference, I doubt it.
    So let the good times roll.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Page 44 of 69 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 54 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment