Register to Comment
Page 44 of 67 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 54 ... LastLast

Just a thought...........

There was a time when elected representatives just popped up at election time and we wouldn't hear much from them from one election to the next.
    Now with forums like Politics.ie we can give them a kick from time to time just to wake them up. We can let off steam and remind them of their place serving the public.
    But will it really make a difference, I doubt it.
    So let the good times roll.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

I like the U-tube video posted by Damocles .. very clever ... but I really doubt it will make any difference in Cavan/Monaghan where Caroline Forde is likely to eat into the Labour vote, as she is into the vote of other candidates (if the contributions to this thread are to be believed).
    As for the video's call for the 'one Ireland', I suspect that there will be surprise and delight amongst our Sinn Féin contributors that Labour is nailing its anti-partitionist colours firmly to the mast and that our near neighbours in Fermanagh, Tyrone and Armagh can shortly expect to see the red rose (if not the red flag) flying high north of the border ... only slagging lads!

Quote Originally Posted by taighde View Post
    I like the U-tube video posted by Damocles .. very clever ... but I really doubt it will make any difference in Cavan/Monaghan where Caroline Forde is likely to eat into the Labour vote, as she is into the vote of other candidates (if the contributions to this thread are to be believed).
    As for the video's call for the 'one Ireland', I suspect that there will be surprise and delight amongst our Sinn Féin contributors that Labour is nailing its anti-partitionist colours firmly to the mast and that our near neighbours in Fermanagh, Tyrone and Armagh can shortly expect to see the red rose (if not the red flag) flying high north of the border ... only slagging lads!
    Caroline Forde on the Vincent Browne show last night, again spoke well of her campaign and the Quinn workers fully supportive of her. When asked for her prefered outcome in government said that she would prefer a FG & Labour government. It seems therefore evident that very few people interviewed see the prospects for either a FG stand alone govenment or that of a FG mish-mash with independents as being a workable solution in these austerity tiimes. Reinforces my earlier claim that a vote for LABOUR in the Cavan/Monaghan constituency is the most sensible outcome to maximise our chances of a TD in government.
    Last edited by Observer2; 22nd February 2011 at 01:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Observer2 View Post
    Caroline Forde on the Vincent Browne show last night, again spoke well of her campaign and the Quinn workers fully supportive of her. When asked for her prefered outcome in government said that she would prefer a FG & Labour government. It seems therefore evident that very few people interviewed see the prospects for either a FG stand alone govenment or that of a FG mish-mash with independents as being a workable solution in these austerity tiimes. Reinforces my earlier claim that a vote for LABOUR in the Cavan/Monaghan constituency is the most sensible outcome to maximise our chances of a TD in government.

I also thought Caroline done really well on Vincent Browne last night, she got her points across strongly. The fact that this woman is an ordinary working mother fighting for her job, and the jobs of her colleagues will sit well with a lot people in a similar situation, and we all know this story is all too common. There is a lot of talk about Caroline in the last few days it seems she has gained huge support.

Quote Originally Posted by Observer2 View Post
    Hold up, hold up.

I didn't see the programme, I'm thousands of miles away. But am I correct in reading that Caroline Forde, Independent candidate, said she'd prefer a FG/Lab government and NOT a coalition of FG/Ind, where her single issue may possibly be addressed in some way?

She's obviously new to this game.

Quote Originally Posted by SinnShane View Post
    Hold up, hold up.

I didn't see the programme, I'm thousands of miles away. But am I correct in reading that Caroline Forde, Independent candidate, said she'd prefer a FG/Lab government and NOT a coalition of FG/Ind, where her single issue may possibly be addressed in some way?

She's obviously new to this game.
    I think that Caroline is already pretty well satified with the attention that her campaign has brought so far. Caroline makes her case that she is standing up first and foremost for all Quinn Group workers and the supporting service busineeses who feel that they have been let down by the present government. The Quinn Group as you know is presently in administration and therefore the company and workers future is uncertain. Caroline is not neccesarily in this campaign to become elected into the Dail for her own benefit. Most people in Cavan & Monaghan feel very proud that the Quinn workers concerns are being addressed at the highest level. But being realistic this may not be enough to save the company or the jobs.

I also thought it was interesting that Caroline Forde endorsed Seamus Treanor's candidacy because of his "great work". I wonder if that was an endorsement of some of his dodgier views...

Quote Originally Posted by Wednesday View Post
    I also thought it was interesting that Caroline Forde endorsed Seamus Treanor's candidacy because of his "great work". I wonder if that was an endorsement of some of his dodgier views...
    Which are?

Seriously I know nothing about him

Quote Originally Posted by mulligan View Post
    Which are?

Seriously I know nothing about him
    He doesn't like the blacks much.

Page 44 of 67 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 54 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment