Register to Comment
Page 46 of 121 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696 ... LastLast
Like Tree361Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Se0samh View Post
    Are you any more fluent in Ulster Scots than you are in English...if so, perhaps you should post in that instead, we should be able to puzzle it out....
    He is posting in Ulster Scots. It's just that everyone who can speak English has an in-built Ulster Scots translator, it seems.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by Talk Back View Post
    Do you really think the hillbilly redneck jive-talk that pleb posts is English?
    There is a nasty racist edge to your comments

Quote Originally Posted by Congalltee View Post
    The Republic of Ireland would cease to exist. The country would have a population over 6.5m. We all would pay, we all would receive. A United ireland is not just adding 6 counties under dublin control. The net effect of a United ireland is a gain for all.
    You are deluded- there is no such thing as an "Ulster Scots" language. It's merely some sort of a Gaelic-English mumbo-jumbo.
    It's not just locationally challenged you hillbillies are - and I'm not a yank.

So called "Ulster Scots" is not a language. It is not even a dialect - it’s really just a gobbledygook accent.
    I have to agree.....Coming from North Monaghan /South Armagh, I know the lingo...Words not pronounced properly in English, a mixture of Irish and English got confused and they called it Ulster Scots... My father a North Monaghan Catholic and his friends spoke this lingo fluently....For example Tea was always Tae..

Quote Originally Posted by bogtrotter View Post
    I have to agree.....Coming from North Monaghan /South Armagh, I know the lingo...Words not pronounced properly in English, a mixture of Irish and English got confused and they called it Ulster Scots... My father a North Monaghan Catholic and his friends spoke this lingo fluently....For example Tea was always Tae..
    What about tea-egg?

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyFoley View Post
    I have no idea why you're asking me that.

I was merely informing you that the UK govt., contrary to what you seem to believe, would have to no choice but to 'table legislation'; it's the law of the land.

Get it?
    Wake up and read my original post - I said that that legislation would be tabled in the House of Commons. You do not appear to understand that is the seat of the UK parliament.

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit Of Newgrange View Post
    oh a united ireland. what a boring and hackneyed debate. i reckon 52% of southerners would be happy to dock Ulster just off the coast of iceland.
    Ulster has 9 counties and the part which is called NI comprises 6 of these 9 counties - therefore, NI can never be 'Ulster' as some mistakenly refer to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Socratus O' Pericles View Post
    Also known as Ullans it is a dialect of the Scots language.
    Scots itself is not a language so where does that leave so called Ulster Scots. Both are just badly spoken variations of mainstream English .

You are deluded- there is no such thing as an "Ulster Scots" language. It's merely some sort of a Gaelic-English mumbo-jumbo.
    You are right, but there is not much Gaelic to it.

Quote Originally Posted by bogtrotter View Post
    What crap. Most old people in Ireland ,when I was growing up called tea tay, eff all to do with Ulster Scots.

Page 46 of 121 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment