Register to Comment
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Is your business preparing for Brexit?

I'd expect most large organisations have started looking into the consequences of Brexit and SMEs are starting to follow suit.

The SME company I work for buy a colossal amount of goods from the UK but will soon be undertaking an extensive review of our supply chain and will be exploring alternatives from other EU countries. We were ready to sign up to a long-term service contract with a UK company, but given the current state of play there's a reluctance there to pay the money and sign on the dotted line.

It's hard to plan with such huge unknowns so the worst case scenario of a no deal hard Brexit has to be considered. Would a weaker Sterling compensate for any tariffs introduced? Would the bureaucracy and delays make it unattractive to buy from the UK compared to other EU countries?
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Work on the premise there will be a no deal Brexit with bespoken side deals for 50+ industries and the regions of NI, Scotland, Wales and London.
    If so, the planes will still fly. The nuclear plants will still process. The cows will milk and their meat will still be bought in Euro, even if with sterling on the floor. Calais will be chaos. The border will be porous.
    And ECJ will rule over it all (except Calais and bandit territory).

I wish I had saved it but an ad came up on my mobile phone here in England while viewing this forum offering to help UK businesses relocate to the Republic of Ireland, to "Stay in the EU".

This is a displacement event and there'll be winners and losers for sure but I think there'll be more opportunities than challenges for Ireland and the opposite for the UK.

Yep. Enterprise Ireland has been helping us plan for 6 months now.

Some thought required here for business leaders in the six counties, if they complain about the DUP/UDA policy of a hard brexit.....they will have no business to fight for as their premises will most likely end up in ashes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mickeymac View Post
    Some thought required here for business leaders in the six counties, if they complain about the DUP/UDA policy of a hard brexit.....they will have no business to fight for as their premises will most likely end up in ashes.

Which six counties Mort?

BTW
    The DUP is not asking for a hard Brexit.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimples 77 View Post
    Which six counties Mort?

BTW

No one, with any sense, or is familiar with the infamous sick counties should really not believe a word that emanates from the DUP mouth............I say that for their own good Mange.

Which six counties Mort?

BTW
    The DUP, the Brexit Ultras who expect the WTO to realign to suit Britannia.

Yeah. It's been great for us. Lots of Brits are relocating parts of their operations here. We are cautious though because it is still quite possible it will be all sorted out. We are treating the new business like a short term boost, and are ready either to ramp up or ramp down depending on how the negotiations work out.

Which six counties Mort?

BTW
    Ah sure that's grand then

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment