Register to Comment
Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2634353637 LastLast
Like Tree163Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Wascurito View Post
    Some of us may have seen the footage from Channel 4 News last night depicting various British people attempting to draw the Irish border. I don't think it's entirely coincidental that the guy at the end who showed the greatest understanding of the complexities of the issue was the one who made by far the best attempt at drawing it.

During the run-up to the Brexit referendum in June last year, some Irish politicians such as Enda Kenny did point out that the border would cause major complications in the event that the UK voted to leave the EU. They were invariably told to shut up and stop being "offensive".

In my experience, there is a significant number of British (especially English) people who have never cottoned on to the relationships between these islands. Many are not precisely sure of Northern Ireland's position within the UK. Some seem to think that the Republic of Ireland is in the UK. In that light, it's no surprise that the NI/ROI border didn't feature as an issue in the campaign and - without actual evidence - I'd hazard a large bet that those who voted for Brexit were the ones who were by far the more ignorant about it.

Well, sit back, my dear Brexiteers. Over the next few weeks, ye'll learn more about the NI/RoI border than ye learned in your whole lives.

EDIT: Thanks to Deadlock for highlighting this:
    The Brexit minister David Davis thinks the Republic of Ireland is part of the UK
    I canvassed long and hard for Brexit ans next up is Irexit
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by TheKing View Post
    There will be a big large hard border as long as Ireland wants to play the United Nations and invite the world and his dog to live here.
    Good point, think of the cost of jailing ll the people caught importing illegal fuel.

Quote Originally Posted by valamhic View Post
    I''m not really sure I want to live in your world?
    Spell out YOUR Ireland?

Quote Originally Posted by TheKing View Post
    There will be a big large hard border as long as Ireland wants to play the United Nations and invite the world and his dog to live here.
    Test

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlock View Post
    Hardly surprising since David Davis himself pronounced "One of our really challenging issues to deal with will be the internal border we have with southern Ireland, and we are not going to go about creating other internal borders inside the United Kingdom" ...

https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/uk/2016/07/brexit-minister-david-davis-thinks-republic-ireland-part-uk
    http://www.itv.com/news/2016-07-17/d...-negotiations/

And so far you have produced "test" and well a blank reply....Very Trump like..
    A True supporter??

Quote Originally Posted by Peppermint View Post
    I''m not really sure I want to live in your world?
    Spell out YOUR Ireland?
    I'm not really sure I want the likes of you here. My Ireland will learn that it must cooperate with all its neighbours, the US and Canada but keep as much control of its affairs as possible. The law will mean the law, not to be cherypicked by the EU or Irish government. We yield what we have to yield to survive in a hostile world. I will give you an example.

We are forcing thousands of non - EU nationals to leave here every years after their 3 year term expires. Many or Politician nurses, hotel staff and car wash people. Meanwhile EU national can stay. Its not fair to discriminate like that. Brussels is a hot bed of lobbyists who have more access to the EU decision makers than our MEP's have. When Britian leaves, we should leave with it.

I must have accidentally posted that. David Cameron is a nobody in this debate. He got the referendum and did us some service.

Quote Originally Posted by valamhic View Post
    Relax, Ireland did brexited a century ago.

Am I the only one here fearing the hard brexiters pushing a Crimea solution to the border problem?

Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2634353637 LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment