Register to Comment
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Irish vitriol against the British: Documenting Thread

Fintan O'Toole is peddling anglophobia in The Guardian (I know, Quelle Surprise). His target? Heroic Brexiteers attempting to implement the clear democratic will of the British people.

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...-brexit-idiocy

I won't bore you with Fintan's mountainous verbiage. Let's just extract some of the words he uses.

"idiocy...stupidity..sheer incompetence ...reckless arrogance".

Is this how we speak to our friends? This thread is opened so you can post links, quotes and articles wherein the British are demonised for implementing their democratic will. It would be good to have a source thread to document such attacks so as to remember who our friends are, should we ever go crawling to the UK for support as we did after the financial crisis.

Please contribute such examples where you find them. I expect them to increase in ferocity over the coming weeks.

And if you cannot stay respectful, go fück yourself Fintan.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by Volatire View Post
    Fintan O'Toole is peddling anglophobia in The Guardian (I know, Quelle Surprise). His target? Heroic Brexiteers attempting to implement the clear democratic will of the British people.

I won't bore you with Fintan's mountainous verbiage. Let's just extract some of the words he uses.

Is this how we speak to our friends? This thread is opened so you can post links, quotes and articles wherein the British are demonised for implementing their democratic will. It would be good to have a source thread to document such attacks so as to remember who our friends are, should we ever go crawling to the UK for support as we did after the financial crisis.

Please contribute such examples where you find them. I expect them to increase in ferocity over the coming weeks.

Friends?

The Tories/Brexiteers are doing their damndest to dissolve as many 'friendships' as they can...

What question were the people asked? Were they asked if they wanted to leave the EU?

Were they asked if they wanted to leave the customs union/single market?

Is this how we speak to our friends?
    Countries don't have friends. They have interests.

Some people are so naive or they can't comprehend that simple fact.

You are one of those people.

Ah yes, I was waiting for this thread to appear. Typical donning of the hat paddywhackery "nothing to see here" "sure we're as bad to be sure to be sure".

Could some mod please put this troll out of his misery.

The Anglo-Irish cold war only ended with the GFA and lasted for most of a century.

Any similarities that presents the notion of friendly nations was only ever superficial.

"The moment the very name of Ireland is mentioned, the English seem to bid adieu to common feeling, common prudence, and common sense, and to act with the barbarity of tyrants, and the fatuity of idiots."

Sydney Smith

Quote Originally Posted by niall78 View Post
    Countries don't have friends. They have interests.

Some people are so naive or they can't comprehend that simple fact.

You are one of those people.
    Yep... and the Brits are proving that without doubt via their Brexit shambles.

Fintan's article isn't particularly harsh imo... not considering how much of it is 100% bang on...

He could have been a lot harsher and justifiably so...

The OP'er should really grow a thicker skin...

Horseshyte. Zoo.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment