Register to Comment
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Ah, a good old-fashioned game of childish petulance tennis. Whose serve?
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by niall78 View Post
    Countries don't have friends. They have interests.

Some people are so naive or they can't comprehend that simple fact.

You are one of those people.
    Sorry, can you explain that again?

Quote Originally Posted by Volatire View Post
    Sorry, can you explain that again?
    He's saying you're a fvcking idiot.

Fintan O'Toole is peddling anglophobia in The Guardian (I know, Quelle Surprise). His target? Heroic Brexiteers attempting to implement the clear democratic will of the British people.

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...-brexit-idiocy

I won't bore you with Fintan's mountainous verbiage. Let's just extract some of the words he uses.

"idiocy...stupidity..sheer incompetence ...reckless arrogance".

Is this how we speak to our friends? This thread is opened so you can post links, quotes and articles wherein the British are demonised for implementing their democratic will. It would be good to have a source thread to document such attacks so as to remember who our friends are, should we ever go crawling to the UK for support as we did after the financial crisis.

Please contribute such examples where you find them. I expect them to increase in ferocity over the coming weeks.

And if you cannot stay respectful, go fück yourself Fintan.

Puppy see, puppy do...

Fintan O'Toole is peddling anglophobia in The Guardian (I know, Quelle Surprise). His target? Heroic Brexiteers attempting to implement the clear democratic will of the British people.

I won't bore you with Fintan's mountainous verbiage. Let's just extract some of the words he uses.

Is this how we speak to our friends? This thread is opened so you can post links, quotes and articles wherein the British are demonised for implementing their democratic will. It would be good to have a source thread to document such attacks so as to remember who our friends are, should we ever go crawling to the UK for support as we did after the financial crisis.

Please contribute such examples where you find them. I expect them to increase in ferocity over the coming weeks.

Look, how many times does it have to be said before people get this into their heads, our financial crisis was caused in good measure by THE UK CHANGING ITS BANKRUPTCY REGULATIONS around 2002, thanks Gordon Brown, thanks a bunch you reckless fécker, which led to a tide of easy money flowing into this country post 2002, virtually risk free investing if you knew the right people, the taxpayer will save your ass if it all goes tits up and worst case for you is a year with your feet up in Londo, not so bad really, so we did NOT go crawling to the UK after government here bailed out our banks, UK Chancellor of the Exchequer at the time George Osborne threw us a few bob as admission of the UK's culpability in this whole sordid affair, and nobody here should ever forget that NEVER

Here's one for the pot:
    God's curse on you England
    You cruel hearted monster
    Your deeds they would shame
    All the devils in Hell
    I wonder what school of international diplomacy that songwriter went to?

You can slag off the British all you want, nobody is listening. As history and the Brexit debate has showed, while Britain has always been an important consideration in Ireland, nobody in Britain really thinks about Ireland.

Quote Originally Posted by fat finger View Post
    Look, how many times does it have to be said before people get this into their heads, our financial crisis was caused in good measure by THE UK CHANGING ITS BANKRUPTCY REGULATIONS around 2002, thanks Gordon Brown, thanks a bunch you reckless fécker, and the change played a large part in easy money flowing into this country post 2002, virtually risk free investing if you knew the right people, so we did not go crawling to the UK after government here bailed out our banks, UK Chancellor of the Exchequer at the time George Osborne threw us a few bob as admission of the UK's culpability in this whole sordid affair, and nobody here should ever forget that NEVER
    Remind me again how the British forced us to take out undsustainable loans?

Voltaire (sic) are you Irish? You seem outraged at the notion of the Irish state defending it's interests.

No need, your own contributions have a strong soporific effect all of their own.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment