Register to Comment
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Like Tree126Likes

Quote Originally Posted by farnaby View Post
    Unionists could have their cake and eat it in this scenario. Remain in UK but be a channel for UK exporters to EU if - as has to be the case - the GB-EU trade agreement is more restrictive than being a member of the customs union.
    The EU won't let the rest of the UK just funnel their goods through NI if they go down the route that the likes of the hardcore Brexiteers seem to be suggesting about reducing standards and regulations after they leave.......

I'd be reading the small print on this one.....
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by Franzoni View Post
    The EU won't let the rest of the UK just funnel their goods through NI if they go down the route that the likes of the hardcore Brexiteers seem to be suggesting about reducing standards and regulations after they leave.......

I'd be reading the small print on this one.....
    EU would police the external Union border in Belfast port

Yesterday, a spokesperson for the British Taoiseach said the matter of NI was "to be negotiated". The Brits later "clarified" this by saying the opposite. I believe the spokesperson was probably right and speaking what they knew to be the truth but wasn't cleared by the British government. They revealed their hand in otherwords.

Unionists could have their cake and eat it in this scenario. Remain in UK but be a channel for UK exporters to EU if - as has to be the case - the GB-EU trade agreement is more restrictive than being a member of the customs union.
    with the uk out of the eu it will become the piranah of the buisness world, with their tearing up of buisness treatys as they feel like it

Quote Originally Posted by derryman View Post
    I will believe it when I see it.

Quote Originally Posted by gleeful View Post
    EU would police the external Union border in Belfast port
    This will be the tricky one. Rather border posts being targets for nationalist anti-GFA dissidents, EU staff at Ulster ports will be prime meat for the unionist ultras.

Overall still the easier security proposition to manage than the 500km frontier.

Quote Originally Posted by Tribal View Post
    This will be the tricky one. Rather border posts being targets for nationalist anti-GFA dissidents, EU staff at Ulster ports will be prime meat for the unionist ultras.

Overall still the easier security proposition to manage than the 500km frontier.
    They say that when a star begins to die and turn into a dwarf, it becomes more volatile and brighter. Could this be what we are seeing re: unionism?

https://twitter.com/casualgardener1/...11344677343233

he should get £12.80 back for that

https://europaunited.eu/2017/11/25/w...customs-union/

Intriguing stuff. If true is this part of some strange, complex political choreography that allows Britain to move on to trade, and what is the DUP's price for this?
    Two threads starting within minutes of each other quoting the same source? The one below cites it as proof that Varadkar's stunning strategy is about to cause a seismic U-turn in he DUP, capitulation by the British government and electoral rout of FF aqnd Shinner begrudgers who fail to recognise the greatest leader ever in Irish history

http://www.politics.ie/forum/current...now-toast.html

Why am I reminded of the woman when she saw the giraffe? Or Victor Meldrew?

Is there even just the tiniest weeshiest possibility of a Bluebot effort to deflect attention from Vladkins's failure to confront a useless entitlement-obsessed Tánaiste who broke the basic rules of ministerial responsibility?

Or is it just another example of the failure of those living in the Dublin 4 Freestater bubble to understand what unionism is about?

^The latter I think.

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment