Register to Comment
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree25Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos Danger View Post
    And by tropic, you mean psychotropic.
    Yeah ,it would definitely be cosmic. Wether it attained tropic status I suppose would depend on the munchies available.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Twitter
    @

Quote Originally Posted by Aquilius View Post
    I'm sorry but this theory is either a joke or not very well though through... if the case SF are involved too, only reason FF tabled a motion of no confidence in Fitzgerald is to not to be seen as being outdone by SF and to try cement themselves as a credible opposition.
    You need to open your mind. Think about the state of play.

Ireland strongly dislikes England.
    There's an opportunity to shaft them in the Brexit business.
    Leo Varadkar is being propped up as surrogate Taoiseach by Simon Coveney (a balding Corkwegian with a penchant for David Cassidy tunes).
    Fine Gael are being propped up in government by Fianna Fáil who are led by Mícheál Martin (a balding Corkwegian with a fondness for Shaun Cassidy tv shows).

It's all clear as day to anyone who's willing to see the big picture. As soon as David Cassidy died, it set in motion a chain of events when Coveney got together with Martin to watch Hardy Boys reruns on YouTube while they had I Think I Love You blasting from the record player. It was then that the two bucks hatched this plan. If Cassidy (may the lord have mercy on him) could've held out a little longer, none of this would've come about at all.

His is some proper 4-D chess that's going on here.

Twitter
    @

Quote Originally Posted by SideysGhost View Post
    I must have just imagined all those delays at the Swiss/German border customs post back in 2002 when I was regularly driving to Zurich from Frankfurt, so.

Eejit.
    Spot the categorical difference:
    • "Swiss/German border", pre-Schengen, i.e. pre-December 2008. A fierce operation, no doubt, but not a pinch on crossing between the two Germanies, or from un-reunited Bavaria into Czechoslavakia. Or even having one's knickers rummaged, and books scrutinised, at Amiens Street, coming off the Enterprise (all lost-and-gorn for ever, we trust).
    • Dreiländerecke, the notional watery spot where three jurisdictions — France, Germany and Switzerland — meet:

im Rhein nördlich von Basel (Schweiz), östlich von Hüningen (Frankreich) und westlich von Weil am Rhein (Deutschland) sowie südlich der Dreiländerbrücke zwischen Frankreich und Deutschland und nördlich einer Stele am „Dreiländereck“ benannten Zipfel im Rheinhafen von Basel.
    One needs to be a strong, not to say certifiable eejit of a swimmer to make it to the second one. Mind the BP and gas barges! I think Stadt- und Hafenrundfahrten boat trips — the MS Baslerdybli and the lunch-cruises — may "feature" the spot, but it's pretty unimpressive and definitely none too scenic. And Catharine Letitia most assuredly wasn't there.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulpian View Post
    Election means delay. Delay means more pressure on Theresa May.

Irish government cares less about the North-South customs issues but is very concerned about a customs barrier across the Irish sea and how Irish trade will be effected by that. It's using the North-South issues to pressure the U.K. to remain in the customs union with the EU (like Turkey is).

The election is orchestrated to turn the pressure up on the U.K. by putting the caretaker government in a position where it cannot green light anything.

One massive stroke. Think about it.
    The above is ill-considered rubbish.

1. There is an important meeting coming up in the next few weeks with all the EU Prime Ministers with regard to Brexit.

2. Sending a "Lame Duck" Taoiseach (no certainty he will survive a GE) to such a meeting would put Ireland in a very weak position.

3. The very last thing we need at this moment is a GE.

Obvballs!

The Shinners are in on the act too.

(Jarry's not in the loop. He couldn't grasp the complexity of it.)

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos Danger View Post
    You need to open your mind. Think about the state of play.

Ireland strongly dislikes England.
    There's an opportunity to shaft them in the Brexit business.
    Leo Varadkar is being propped up as surrogate Taoiseach by Simon Coveney (a balding Corkwegian with a penchant for David Cassidy tunes).
    Fine Gael are being propped up in government by Fianna Fáil who are led by Mícheál Martin (a balding Corkwegian with a fondness for Shaun Cassidy tv shows).

It's all clear as day to anyone who's willing to see the big picture. As soon as David Cassidy died, it set in motion a chain of events when Coveney got together with Martin to watch Hardy Boys reruns on YouTube while they had I Think I Love You blasting from the record player. It was then that the two bucks hatched this plan. If Cassidy (may the lord have mercy on him) could've held out a little longer, none of this would've come about at all.

His is some proper 4-D chess that's going on here.
    Where is your proof that Ireland strongly dislikes England? A lot of Irish born nationals call England home, a lot more have relations who were born in England. Our trade with them is substantial, our cultures are similar... there is not much difference in all honesty between Ireland and England (Britain).

Shafting Britain would do us no favours, they can still be an important international and trade partner in the future... not even SF would suggest to shafting the Brits in relation to Brexit.
    Propped up by Coveney, I'm sorry but you couldn't be further from the truth... do you genuinely believe Leo is only in power because of Simon?
    I do however agree with you on the obvious of MM and FF propping up LV and FG. There's no denying that circus!

I can't help but feel your reply is a joke.

[QUOTE=Aquilius;11671007]Where is your proof that Ireland strongly dislikes England? A lot of Irish born nationals call England home, a lot more have relations who were born in England. Our trade with them is substantial, our cultures are similar... there is not much difference in all honesty between Ireland and England (Britain).

Shafting Britain would do us no favours, they can still be an important international and trade partner in the future... not even SF would suggest to shafting the Brits in relation to Brexit.
    Propped up by Coveney, I'm sorry but you couldn't be further from the truth... do you genuinely believe Leo is only in power because of Simon?
    I do however agree with you on the obvious of MM and FF propping up LV and FG. There's no denying that circus!

I can't help but feel your reply is a joke.[/QUOTE

You may be onto something there - well spotted.

Twitter
    @

Quote Originally Posted by Aquilius View Post
    Where is your proof that Ireland strongly dislikes England? A lot of Irish born nationals call England home, a lot more have relations who were born in England. Our trade with them is substantial, our cultures are similar... there is not much difference in all honesty between Ireland and England (Britain).

I can't help but feel your reply is a joke.
    4-D chess. The proof is in the pudding with the announcement from negotiations just now. This is the power of David Cassidy - even in death.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment