Register to Comment
Page 1 of 55 1231151 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 549
Like Tree403Likes
  1. #1
    McSlaggart McSlaggart is offline
    McSlaggart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    12,118

    May to rebuff Irish with customs border demand

    Ministers are preparing to rebuff the Irish government and insist on the need for a customs border between the north and south of the island after Brexit.

    https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/m...mand-qbjd78b0r

    ........................... Wonder what will happen...........?

    "Irish smuggling gangs poised to make MILLIONS from new custom rules after Brexit

    IRISH smuggling gangs are ready to make millions of dollars exploiting new opportunities in the illegal sales of alcohol, cigarettes, fuel and livestock on its country’s borders post Brexit."

    Irish smuggling gangs poised to make MILLIONS from new custom rules after Brexit | UK | News | Express.co.uk
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  2. #2
    Des Quirell Des Quirell is offline
    Des Quirell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    39,751

    They have absolutely no idea what they have taken on.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  3. #3
    greengoose2 greengoose2 is offline
    greengoose2's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    27,508

    Quote Originally Posted by Des Quirell View Post
    They have absolutely no idea what they have taken on.
    Who are they and what have they taken on?
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  4. #4
    Des Quirell Des Quirell is offline
    Des Quirell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    39,751

    Quote Originally Posted by greengoose2 View Post
    Who are they and what have they taken on?
    The British and Brexit.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  5. #5
    darkhorse darkhorse is online now
    darkhorse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    18,553

    Quote Originally Posted by McSlaggart View Post
    Ministers are preparing to rebuff the Irish government and insist on the need for a customs border between the north and south of the island after Brexit.

    https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/m...mand-qbjd78b0r

    ........................... Wonder what will happen...........?

    "Irish smuggling gangs poised to make MILLIONS from new custom rules after Brexit

    IRISH smuggling gangs are ready to make millions of dollars exploiting new opportunities in the illegal sales of alcohol, cigarettes, fuel and livestock on its country’s borders post Brexit."

    Irish smuggling gangs poised to make MILLIONS from new custom rules after Brexit | UK | News | Express.co.uk
    We will veto that and it will be back to WTO terms for the UK
    Thus destroying their economy
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  6. #6
    greengoose2 greengoose2 is offline
    greengoose2's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    27,508

    Quote Originally Posted by Des Quirell View Post
    The British and Brexit.
    Pardon the old and tired cliché; time will tell. In the meantime the EU will continue it's great work...
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  7. #7
    Des Quirell Des Quirell is offline
    Des Quirell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    39,751

    Quote Originally Posted by greengoose2 View Post
    Pardon the old and tired cliché; time will tell. In the meantime the EU will continue it's great work...
    The thing about clichés is that they are so often true. Time will tell, of course. Most parties will claim - post ex facto - that their aims have been achieved. The Earth will continue to rotate.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  8. #8
    PeaceGoalie PeaceGoalie is offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    3,469

    It'll be worth it to rub Sinn Fein's nose in it. Gerry Adams' United Ireland is the return of the B Specials. Brexit could also give the Brits a chance to abolish all the free handouts like Stormont. Take care of the DUP anmd stick it to Sinn Fein now tghat the latter lap dogs have served their purpose.
    Britain survived before the EU. It will get through
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  9. #9
    greengoose2 greengoose2 is offline
    greengoose2's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    27,508

    Quote Originally Posted by Des Quirell View Post
    The thing about clichés is that they are so often true. Time will tell, of course. Most parties will claim - post ex facto - that their aims have been achieved. The Earth will continue to rotate.
    Hopefully it will. In the meantime, the population of this rotating planet will continue to delude itself in thinking that the EU, UN, USA and all the rest are great ways to run the place. I would be more concerned with the Korean fireworks displays than that Brexit nonsense. It hasn't yet happened fully and the border has not yet materialised. Same goes for the Great Wall of Mexico.

    I would be more concerned with the homeless saga, the Nama saga, the youth unemployment saga than the up to now, non existant border and the impending Brexit Armageddon!
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  10. #10
    Jack O Neill Jack O Neill is offline
    Jack O Neill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    4,811

    Quote Originally Posted by PeaceGoalie View Post
    It'll be worth it to rub Sinn Fein's nose in it. Gerry Adams' United Ireland is the return of the B Specials. Brexit could also give the Brits a chance to abolish all the free handouts like Stormont. Take care of the DUP anmd stick it to Sinn Fein now tghat the latter lap dogs have served their purpose.
    Britain survived before the EU. It will get through

    pathetic , even taken on board your levels of stupidity
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Page 1 of 55 1231151 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment