Register to Comment
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Quote Originally Posted by hollandia View Post
    One, that bacon ain't home yet. Two, the twelfth is just around the corner - lets was how that sits with yet average Tory. Three brexit - of you think the Tories will survive that, ye are mad entirely.
    1 - The pig is in the pot.

2 - The loot will be spread like snuff at a wake, on the 12th, for those attending.

3 - May is safe for two years, no other Tory would be daft enough to be in her shoes, until Brexit "deal" materialises.

4 - The money will be spent in two years, unless SF decline to play along.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by Toowoomba View Post
    1 - The pig is in the pot.

2 - The loot will be spread like snuff at a wake, on the 12th, for those attending.

3 - May is safe for two years, no other Tory would be daft enough to be in her shoes, until Brexit "deal" materialises.

4 - The money will be spent in two years, unless SF decline to play along.
    1: Nope. The govt has to last the length of the deal.
    2: Good, the british on "the mainland" are already unimpressed.
    3: See 1&2. And a lot of very uncomfortable Tory Backbenchers, Peers, assorted Grandees and Scottish tories (who definitely don't want to be associated with the DUP brand of "british").
    4: If the money goes to the projects outlined, I would certainly have no issue. But I suspect it won't.

3: See 1&2. And a lot of very uncomfortable Tory Backbenchers, Peers, assorted Grandees and Scottish tories (who definitely don't want to be associated with the DUP brand of "british").
    4: If the money goes to the projects outlined, I would certainly have no issue. But I suspect it won't.
    No money for Scotland through the Barnett formula but there is for the DUP, that will be a hoot if the Tory's in Scotland in debates with the SNP try to explain and justify it away. So much for 'unionsm' and the 'United' Kingdom.

'No Barnett formula money for Scotland' through DUP deal - BBC News

Grand, so who specifically is daft enough to challenge May successfully within two years and be saddled with Brexit negotiations outcome?

Answer on a postcard and will be retained for two years to see what prize you win.

Grand, so who specifically is daft enough to challenge May successfully within two years and be saddled with Brexit negotiations outcome?

Answer on a postcard and will be retained for two years to see what prize you win.
    All it will take is a couple of by-elections, or, just pissing off the scottish tories (which she may well have just done...). Watch as the 12th brings the DUP into sharp focus in the rest of the UK - remember how better together didn't want the OO anywhere near their campaign during the indyref? (That might give a hint as to how toxic they are seen in Scotland - just bear in mind now that England and Wales are about to be educated in Britishness, Ulster -style.) Watch as every political interviewer worth his salt nails the tories on "the magic money tree". Watch as DUP anti modernity rhetoric is exposed in the rest of the UK. Watch as the hypocrisy is writ large in the newspapers.

Watch and learn kiddo. I'm going to enjoy this next wee while.

Anything to distract from the super DUP deal.....

Quote Originally Posted by Telstar 62 View Post
    Anything to distract from the super DUP deal.....
    Cons/Dupes?

It writes itself, doesn't it?

All it will take is a couple of by-elections, or, just pissing off the scottish tories (which she may well have just done...). Watch as the 12th brings the DUP into sharp focus in the rest of the UK - remember how better together didn't want the OO anywhere near their campaign during the indyref? (That might give a hint as to how toxic they are seen in Scotland - just bear in mind now that England and Wales are about to be educated in Britishness, Ulster -style.) Watch as every political interviewer worth his salt nails the tories on "the magic money tree". Watch as DUP anti modernity rhetoric is exposed in the rest of the UK. Watch as the hypocrisy is writ large in the newspapers.

Watch and learn kiddo. I'm going to enjoy this next wee while.

Kiddo?...........I'm the same age as Jarryatric.

Whadabout, whadabout........your failure to accept the challenge to name names is duly noted.

Kiddo?...........I'm the same age as Jarryatric.

Whadabout, whadabout........your failure to accept the challenge to name names is duly noted.
    OK - Ruth Davidson might very well take her scottish tories and the ball with her. Jacob Rees-Mogg is lining up to be a stalking horse, to enable another Tory to run. You'd know this if you read or watched any news in the last day or so. As I said, watch and learn, kiddo.

OK - Ruth Davidson might very well take her scottish tories and the ball with her. Jacob Rees-Mogg is lining up to be a stalking horse, to enable another Tory to run. You'd know this if you read or watched any news in the last day or so. As I said, watch and learn, kiddo.

Of course I know all that, unlike you, I don't work for a living.

May has two years, period.

Hold this post for two years, Junior.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment