Register to Comment
Page 2291 of 3459 FirstFirst ... 129117912191224122812289229022912292229323012341239127913291 ... LastLast
Results 22,901 to 22,910 of 34585
Like Tree30065Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Sync View Post
    Look Eurotron, if I want my diabetes ridden kids to get rabies and ringworm while I'm out illegally logging, that's my right innit? RUUUULE BRITANNIA!
    A bit of phosphorus is good for my children's skin.
    During the war we used it as make up!
    Now shuttup up whilst I post this rabid ferret!
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

A stunning and grim stat: the UK is forecast to have the worst wage performance of the 32 OECD countries this year (via @The_TUC). https://t.co/Rf3vBzCNFD

Irish companies largely unprepared for Brexit - Enterprise Ireland

Irish companies are still largely unprepared for Brexit, the head of Enterprise Ireland Julie Sinnamon has warned.

“Companies were initially in denial as to whether Brexit would happen. It was probably wishful thinking that it wouldn’t go ahead.... Every company exposed to the UK market has to have a plan,” Ms Sinnamon said.

She was speaking as the State body announced a new fund for companies most affected by Brexit.

Looks like the stabber in Dundalk was denied asylum in the UK and simply crossed to the Republic. Looks like immigration checkpoints will on all cross border public transport routes will be stepped up after this.

A paragraph for a New York Times piece from last Feb, link;

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/01/o...-stumbles.html
    How Populism Stumbles Ross Douthat FEB. 1, 2017

The piece is about populism in general, but it also seems very relavant to the present state of Brexit process.

Then, finally, because populism thrives on its willingness to shatter norms, it tends to treat this chaos and blowback as a kind of vindication — a sign that it’s on the right track, that its boldness is meeting inevitable resistance from the failed orthodoxies of the past, and so on through a self-comforting litany. That makes it hard for populists to course correct, because they get stuck in a “the worse the better” loop, reassuring themselves that they’re making progress when actually they’re cratering.

Holyhead will be one of the biggest losers from Brexit

Holyhead remains a hugely important gateway for and to Ireland. In 2016, some 423,000 lorries and trailers passed through the port. Many of these lorries where heading to, or coming back from, the Continent.

Indeed, almost 80 per cent of Irish-registered HGVs heading for the Continent pass through Welsh ports, the vast majority via Holyhead. Yet as a result of the UK’s decision to leave the European Union – or more precisely, Theresa May’s interpretation of the implications of the Leave vote – all of this is under threat.

.... But it goes without saying that it is the poorest that will suffer most if this occurs. The poorest in the poorest part of the UK, above all. Given the likely disruption to Ireland if May goes ahead with her plans for a hard Brexit, it’s probably too much to expect much by way of sympathy. But you might just spare us a thought as you find yet more ways to bypass Holyhead.
    Written by guest writer - Richard Wynn Jones, professor of politics at Cardiff University

He does note that the area did vote to leave and would be still leave but due to reasons of the way the place is populated and by whom. EG alot of retired English.

Worth the read for an insight from Wales

Quote Originally Posted by robut View Post
    Holyhead will be one of the biggest losers from Brexit

Written by guest writer - Richard Wynn Jones, professor of politics at Cardiff University

He does note that the area did vote to leave and would be still leave but due to reasons of the way the place is populated and by whom. EG alot of retired English.

Worth the read for an insight from Wales
    And if its bad for Holyhead , then what of the Irish companies whose goods fill those 480,000 annual lorries ?

Oh i forgot Eunochs on here think we can magic up a few ships to go from Rosslare ...or fly everything (or most stupidly , our mates in the EU will save us all!)

Much better to scoff incessantly than face up to the car crash heading our way

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlock View Post
    I'm surprised they just don't go the whole hog and leave the Council of Europe, EBU, EuroPol, WEU, and OECD.
    Jesus, don't give them ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by CookieMonster View Post
    Jesus, don't give them ideas.
    Coming soon - Brexit boosters and a very large dome.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlock View Post
    Coming soon - Brexit boosters and a very large dome.
    I attended a meeting before Christmas where some loon was upset because the UK was still part of the European Space Agency and CERN!

Suggested the UK could build its own. When asked woudl be be willing to have his pension cut so the UK could finance the ~£5bn construction of such a thing of the ~£3bn a running costs he said no, and that we could borrow the money.

F**king idiots doesn't begin to cover what these people are.

Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment