Register to Comment
Page 1716 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 716121616161666170617141715171617171718172617661816 ... LastLast
Results 17,151 to 17,160 of 21224
Like Tree18077Likes
  1. #17151
    Itsalaugh Itsalaugh is offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    3,148

    Quote Originally Posted by Spanner Island View Post
    What Varadkar said is pretty clear.

    That the British media are choosing to misunderstand/misinterpret what he said (deliberately misinterpret or otherwise) and spin it as something it's not will be their problem if/when Theresa's word game is presented for perusal and doesn't match up to what she'd agreed to on Monday.
    There'll be all out war if we are forced to use our veto and now their spinmeisters are makng it sound like we have conceded when Dublin's message is we our just diluting distrust but the substance remains unchanged. I think our message needs to be stronger to concentrate minds and stop fanciful conjecture and don't let the EU negotiators think otherwise. We have the veto, clearly state our position and it'll diminish recriminations that may come out way, with all sorts of accusations flying that we changed position at the last moment etc.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  2. #17152
    between the bridges between the bridges is offline
    between the bridges's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    40,641

    Will Leo stand on the steps of the GPO to wave the white fleg...
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  3. #17153
    Erudite Caveman Erudite Caveman is offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    4,723

    Quote Originally Posted by Itsalaugh View Post
    There'll be all out war if we are forced to use our veto and now their spinmeisters are makng it sound like we have conceded when Dublin's message is we our just diluting distrust but the substance remains unchanged. I think our message needs to be stronger to concentrate minds and stop fanciful conjecture and don't let the EU negotiators think otherwise. We have the veto, clearly state our position and it'll diminish recriminations that may come out way, with all sorts of accusations flying that we changed position at the last moment etc.
    What the Daily Mail or Telegraph, or their readers think is irrelevant. Varadkar has spelled it out clearly in the Dail, and May will have got the message on the phone.

    There is no reason for the Irish government to concede anything. Doubts about the EU backing us have gone, and the pissing around the UK and the DUP are at won't have given anyone any reason to be anymore generous that necessary. If they wan't some shi1te in there to placate the kerb painters along the lines of 'the UK will still be the bestest', then lash it in. Who gives a fck. Focus on substance.
    Last edited by Erudite Caveman; 7th December 2017 at 11:07 AM.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  4. #17154
    Erudite Caveman Erudite Caveman is offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    4,723

    Quote Originally Posted by between the bridges View Post
    Will Leo stand on the steps of the GPO to wave the white fleg...
    You're protesting a little too much.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  5. #17155
    hollandia hollandia is online now
    hollandia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    22,281

    Quote Originally Posted by between the bridges View Post
    Will Leo stand on the steps of the GPO to wave the white fleg...
    Yes. With Green on one side of it, and orange on the other, shouting "Citoyens! Aux barricades!". He likes a musical does our Leo...
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  6. #17156
    Niall996 Niall996 is offline
    Niall996's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    5,521

    Quote Originally Posted by wexfordman View Post
    I'm not saying placate them, but ffs don't fuel them by giving credence to that bile
    I don't think that bringing people's attention to their real attitudes and distorted perspective is fueling them. To me it's exposing them. Let's hear all about it says I. I want to hear it all.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  7. #17157
    brughahaha brughahaha is offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    14,796

    The point of the negotiations , for Ireland , one would hope, is as soft a Brexit as possible so it has a minimum impact on our economy ....

    Leos strategy seems to be to force a hard Brexit but hold out for the miniscule possibility that we get to keep trading with the North , which in financial terms is like ignoring the billion dollars on the table and playing the 2c slots....

    Once again our politicians outplayed and manipulated like dummies to take the flack for Brussels ......and pay for it out of our own pocket
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  8. #17158
    Spanner Island Spanner Island is offline
    Spanner Island's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    20,411

    Quote Originally Posted by Erudite Caveman View Post
    You're protesting a little too much.
    The looper DUPers blew an opportunity that any country and anyone sane would have jumped at.

    They're useless and deep down they know it... and they know that they f***ed up big time on Monday.

    NI will remain the dependent basket case it has always been because the looper DUPers threw away a unique and massive opportunity.

    There really isn't much more to it than that.

    ALL the people of NI were shafted by the looper DUPers.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  9. #17159
    Erudite Caveman Erudite Caveman is offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    4,723

    Quote Originally Posted by brughahaha View Post
    The point of the negotiations , for Ireland , one would hope, is as soft a Brexit as possible so it has a minimum impact on our economy ....

    Leos strategy seems to be to force a hard Brexit but hold out for the miniscule possibility that we get to keep trading with the North , which in financial terms is like ignoring the billion dollars on the table and playing the 2c slots....

    Once again our politicians outplayed and manipulated like dummies to take the flack for Brussels ......and pay for it out of our own pocket
    Tell your buddy with the stationery shop that that they have discovered the pencil and paper in France and even with the big waves, it'll be grand.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  10. #17160
    petaljam petaljam is offline
    petaljam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    23,032

    Quote Originally Posted by brughahaha View Post
    The point of the negotiations , for Ireland , one would hope, is as soft a Brexit as possible so it has a minimum impact on our economy ....

    Leos strategy seems to be to force a hard Brexit but hold out for the miniscule possibility that we get to keep trading with the North , which in financial terms is like ignoring the billion dollars on the table and playing the 2c slots....

    Once again our politicians outplayed and manipulated like dummies to take the flack for Brussels ......and pay for it out of our own pocket
    Oh dear. Someone else who doesn't have a clue. The border issue has been separated off from the hard/soft Brexit problem, so as to prevent the UK from using it as a bargaining chip. If Ireland also wants a soft Brexit anyway, there's nothing stopping them taking that position in phase 2. But freely, i.e. without being taken hostage by the British, that's all.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment