Register to Comment
Page 1258 of 2166 FirstFirst ... 258758115812081248125612571258125912601268130813581758 ... LastLast
Results 12,571 to 12,580 of 21657
Like Tree18403Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Vega1447 View Post
    Don't you mean "push us"?
    Any response to what I pointed out in my post? Told you 24 hours ago that we'd be sold a pup before the day was out. This is it
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
    Or was he saying "off you go Leo, you see what you can get out of the Brits", knowing that Ireland, of all EU countries, won't want to push them into a hard Brexit?
    You're saying that as though it is a problem for the British only. But it's entirely self inflicted. Unlike for the rest of us.

So if it really is a problem for them, then wasn't it a bit stupid of them to even go there, especially with no fall back plan?

Any response to what I pointed out in my post? Told you 24 hours ago that we'd be sold a pup before the day was out. This is it
    What's this "we" white man? You're a kipper living in Spain.

So Ireland's wishes have priority in the EU Brexit stance and we have a winning hand for once. Hmmmm. Before we get dazzled by the media flashebulbs-

We should remember how the PIG countries were and are treated by the EU and how their jobs and services pay for the crash.

And how about the EU response to referenda that go against them - drop the 'constitution' (France) and getting us to rerun two referenda till we got the desired result.

Britain is on very thin ice if it thinks the EU will do anything to recognise their referendum decision.

The EU is now using Divide and Rule against Britain and Ireland and that manouvre has never solved anything.

Quote Originally Posted by niall78 View Post
    Lots of talk in the comments about 'traitors'.

Can see things spinning badly out of control in the UK when the reality of their choices really start to bite.
    Maybe, maybe not.

To quote Michael Madsen in Reservoir Dogs "are you gonna bark all day little doggie or are you gonna bite?"

Quote Originally Posted by hollandia View Post
    What's this "we" white man? You're a kipper living in Spain.
    One that wants his country to become a province of a foreign power.

Quote Originally Posted by gracethepirate View Post
    I like it that the EU bloke spoke a few words in Irish when he said it was Ireland to decide on the border and the EU will be right behind supporting its decision

[So take heed, pommy brexiteers and duppers...]
    It's as well he didt say "tiocfaidh ar La".

Ok, thats the last of the goading I'm doing on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Fr. Hank Tree View Post
    Maybe, maybe not.

To quote Michael Madsen in Reservoir Dogs "are you gonna bark all day little doggie or are you gonna bite?"
    I can see some of these UKIP/NF types attacking defenseless EU nationals over their frustration at the mess Brexit has caused.

Most don't have the brainpower for much else going on the comments sections of UK newspapers I am reading.

Quote Originally Posted by petaljam View Post
    You're saying that as though it is a problem for the British only. But it's entirely self inflicted.
    So if it really is a problem for them, then wasn't it a bit stupid of them to even go there, especially with no fall back plan?
    No, I'm saying that the EU always insisted that the Irish border was a problem to be sorted by the Brits. Fair enough point, but their real motivation was the fact that they themselves realised there was no obvious solution. But because they see no chance of the Brits coming up with a satisfactory proposal they have now passed the ball to Leo.

Now what happens if Leo fails to get a satisfactory commitment? He will huff and puff and threaten to veto any move to Phase 2 of the talks. And Phase 2, as far as the Brits are concerned, is really about one thing only - a trade agreement. So now we have Leo effectively vetoing a trade deal and the Brits, seeing this, realise that there is no point in continuing with talks, so they walk - hard Brexit.

And which EU country suffers most as a result? France, Germany, Spain, Poland? No, little Ireland.

So, does Leo 1) lower his demands to nothing more than an aspirational statement from the Brits regarding the Irish border or 2) trigger a hard Brexit?
    Answers on a postcard, please!

No, I'm saying that the EU always insisted that the Irish border was a problem to be sorted by the Brits. Fair enough point, but their real motivation was the fact that they themselves realised there was no obvious solution. But because they see no chance of the Brits coming up with a satisfactory proposal they have now passed the ball to Leo.

Now what happens if Leo fails to get a satisfactory commitment? He will huff and puff and threaten to veto any move to Phase 2 of the talks. And Phase 2, as far as the Brits are concerned, is really about one thing only - a trade agreement. So now we have Leo effectively vetoing a trade deal and the Brits, seeing this, realise that there is no point in continuing with talks, so they walk - hard Brexit.

And which EU country suffers most as a result? France, Germany, Spain, Poland? No, little Ireland.

So, does Leo 1) lower his demands to nothing more than an aspirational statement from the Brits regarding the Irish border or 2) trigger a hard Brexit?
    Answers on a postcard, please!
    Any deal which places a border in NI should be rejected, end of story, anything that weakens or disentangles the gfa should be rejected.

Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment