Register to Comment
Page 103 of 2185 FirstFirst ... 353931011021031041051131532036031103 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 21848
Like Tree18532Likes
  1. #1021
    Telstar 62 Telstar 62 is offline

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    18,888

    Quote Originally Posted by shiel View Post
    English racism overcame common sense.

    Racism against the English overcomes common sense on this website....
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  2. #1022
    Strawberry Strawberry is offline
    Strawberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    12,415

    Quote Originally Posted by Telstar 62 View Post
    Racism against the English overcomes common sense on this website....
    Racism against the Irish is your problem Telstar, I suggest you worry about that first.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  3. #1023
    Telstar 62 Telstar 62 is offline

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    18,888

    Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    Racism against the Irish is your problem Telstar, I suggest you worry about that first.
    Wrong diagnosis, Doctor Strawberry....
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  4. #1024
    Telstar 62 Telstar 62 is offline

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    18,888

    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  5. #1025
    hollandia hollandia is online now
    hollandia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    22,377

    Quote Originally Posted by Telstar 62 View Post
    Racism against the English overcomes common sense on this website....
    Or it possibly would, if the English were a race. I'd describe it more as gobshyteism - an intense dislike of semi suicidal idiocy.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  6. #1026
    robut robut is offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    6,188

    https://twitter.com/faisalislam/stat...84240676880384

    Barnier responding to Foreign Secretary's words yesterday that EU shd "go whistle": "I'm not hearing any whistling..just the clock ticking"
    I love some of the responses to Faisal, especially these two

    One tweeter says - "It's a deep and heart-warming love you have for your Imperial #EU rulers @faisalislam . The Romans managed the same feat with their subjects"

    Another replies - "The same Romans who built your roads, taught you to wash and how to go to the toilet? 2000 years later and you've learned nothing."
    Last edited by robut; 12th July 2017 at 09:08 PM.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  7. #1027
    Deadlock Deadlock is offline
    Deadlock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    4,284

    "... Meanwhile, popular support for a “hard” Brexit has waned since the June elections, as the reality has started to sink in that the economic consequences will be severe. British economic success over the past 30 years has depended on both high- and low-skilled labor from the rest of the EU, as well as free access to the EU’s single market. Restricting immigration would create uncertainty for British businesses and put pressure on the country’s labor market. Leaving the customs union would almost certainly introduce complications in the form of new customs procedures. Membership of the single market has meant that most rules governing that market, including safety standards and environmental regulations, have been set by EU institutions. Those would now need to be replicated in the U.K. and made compatible with EU rules.

    The only virtue of a hard Brexit is that it is consistent with the Brexit campaign’s slogan of “taking back control.” By making a clean break with the EU, the U.K. will indeed be able to limit immigration and sign its own trade deals. But the questions are: What will be the economic cost? And does the U.K. stand to lose, rather than gain, sovereignty? After all, the May government wants the closest possible relationship with the EU after it has left the EU. That presumably means a free trade agreement in goods as well as services, along the lines of the deal Canada recently negotiated with Brussels. Such a deal most certainly implies respecting current and future EU regulations, including in financial services, over which the U.K. will no longer have a say after it has given up its seat at the table."

    As the Reality of Brexit Sinks In, There Are No Good Options for the U.K.

    ... WARNING - Fox news source !! ...

    "U.K. and European Union negotiators should be able to move from talks about Britain's divorce terms to negotiating future relations before the end of the year, the top U.K. Brexit official said Tuesday. Brexit Secretary David Davis said chief EU negotiator Michel Barnier hoped to "recommend going to the parallel negotiations October-November."

    http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/07...exit-bill.html
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  8. #1028
    Tribal Tribal is offline

    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    1,219

    Quote Originally Posted by McDave View Post
    In a way 'civil war' sounds like hyperbole. But English society is so divided and deluded you have to ask the question will the disaster of a hard Brexit cause social tensions to spill over. There are certainly enough hard left and right lunatics in England to bring real strife to the streets.
    I've seen enough discontent in north England to well imagine serious strife which if handled badly could be hard to defuse.

    The common reframe is that now that the EU is longer an excuse people up north want know what London is going to do for them after decades of neglect.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  9. #1029
    Spanner Island Spanner Island is offline
    Spanner Island's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    20,429

    Quote Originally Posted by Deadlock View Post
    "... Meanwhile, popular support for a “hard” Brexit has waned since the June elections, as the reality has started to sink in that the economic consequences will be severe. British economic success over the past 30 years has depended on both high- and low-skilled labor from the rest of the EU, as well as free access to the EU’s single market. Restricting immigration would create uncertainty for British businesses and put pressure on the country’s labor market. Leaving the customs union would almost certainly introduce complications in the form of new customs procedures. Membership of the single market has meant that most rules governing that market, including safety standards and environmental regulations, have been set by EU institutions. Those would now need to be replicated in the U.K. and made compatible with EU rules.

    The only virtue of a hard Brexit is that it is consistent with the Brexit campaign’s slogan of “taking back control.” By making a clean break with the EU, the U.K. will indeed be able to limit immigration and sign its own trade deals.
    How many thousands of miles of coastline does the UK have?

    How many harbours and ports... and beaches?

    Nah... I really don't buy the control of borders bullsh!t tbh...

    All it will probably mean is that people traffickers will up their rates to get people to Blighty...

    And don't forget Theresa May failed miserably to curb immigration from beyond the EU during her 7 years at the Home Office.

    The truth is the EU provides all the tools necessary to curb the kind of immigration that people hate most... the scroungers who arrive to leech off benefits...

    It's just that many EU governments find it a lot easier to not bother using the tools or implementing much with the UK being one of the worst offenders in that regard...

    As for trade deals... I guess we'll see how that goes although turning your back on the largest market block in the world while simultaneously banging on about 'Global Britain' seems to be contradictory behaviour...

    Brits have been sold a pup by Tory/UKIP [email protected] cheered on by a repugnant media/gutter press...
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  10. #1030
    Deadlock Deadlock is offline
    Deadlock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    4,284

    Quote Originally Posted by Spanner Island View Post
    ...

    And don't forget Theresa May failed miserably to curb immigration from beyond the EU during her 7 years at the Home Office.

    The truth is the EU provides all the tools necessary to curb the kind of immigration that people hate most... the scroungers who arrive to leech off benefits...

    It's just that many EU governments find it a lot easier to not bother using the tools or implementing much with the UK being one of the worst offenders in that regard...

    Brits have been sold a pup by Tory/UKIP [email protected] cheered on by a repugnant media/gutter press...
    This!
    Last edited by Deadlock; 12th July 2017 at 09:42 PM.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment