Register to Comment
Page 102 of 2154 FirstFirst ... 252921001011021031041121522026021102 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 21531
Like Tree18328Likes

Quote Originally Posted by robut View Post
    So what do ye think of THE MOGGSTER being the next UK PM?

I shouldn't laugh but Jesus the guy is utterly mental, it'd probably be quite funny to watch the ensuing carnage from my nice safe distance, but I wouldn't want to be within 1000 miles of Britain if that loon was in charge, just in case!
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

If you see the list of foodstuffs from Cornwall that have EU Protected Origin Status under EU law, you'd have to wonder if they were thinking at all.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...otected_status

Quote Originally Posted by SideysGhost View Post

I shouldn't laugh but Jesus the guy is utterly mental, it'd probably be quite funny to watch the ensuing carnage from my nice safe distance, but I wouldn't want to be within 1000 miles of Britain if that loon was in charge, just in case!
    Even the British wouldn't go for a nutter like Rees Mogg.

I know some of them are nostalgic for the days of the Raj but I don't think they fancy living like Indians did in the days of the Raj.

Britain could slash environmental and safety standards 'a very long way' after Brexit, Tory MP Jacob Rees-Mogg says | The Independent

Quote Originally Posted by Paddyc View Post
    Even the British wouldn't go for a nutter like Rees Mogg.

I know some of them are nostalgic for the days of the Raj but I don't think they fancy living like Indians did in the days of the Raj.

Britain could slash environmental and safety standards 'a very long way' after Brexit, Tory MP Jacob Rees-Mogg says | The Independent
    a certain recent fire might put paid to that particular stroke of 'genius'.

Quote Originally Posted by firefly123 View Post
    a certain recent fire might put paid to that particular stroke of 'genius'.
    One would hope but the Rees Moggs of this world are hardly likely to ever see the inside of a tower block.

"Are you saying that as long as the UK does not accept it has financial obligations, you won’t talk about anything else?"

Barnier: "Yes"
    When you're holding the whip in hand, you don't need to whistle.

Thornberry raised an exceptionally good point in her standin day for Corbyn on the "No deal is better than a bad deal" guff. No deal means a border in Ireland and no transition period. Straight exit in 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof Honeydew View Post
    Looks like SS Brexit is ploughing full steam ahead up Sht Creek.
    Brexit: EU negotiator Barnier firm on citizens' rights - BBC News
    Barnier's statement today rubbishes May's position on EU citizens' rights and slaps down Bojo's claptrap about leaving the EU whistle for its divorce payments. Last week, he said the Brits were talking through their holes about "frictionless borders".

Frustration with British negotiating incompetence isn't confined to Barnier. Verhofstadt expressed similar sentiments on Monday and comments continue to leak from Berlin and Paris almost pleading with the Brits to come up with some position so that substantive discussions on the three pre-conditions can start.

Unfortunately, it looks like they'll be disappointed. British internal opinion is currently split down the middle between those (City, Hammond, Tory and Labour Remainers, LibDems, BBC, Guardian and other wets) attempting to preserve the status quo through either ignoring the referendum result, running another referendum or remaining in the Single Market in a Norway-type deal and those (May, most Tories, Corbyn and other Labour Brexiteers, the Tory press, UKIP and Winston and Doris Blimp) obsessed with immigration and the ECJ and quite prepared not only for a hard Brexit but also walking away from the EU without any deal. The lines are now so deeply drawn between the sides that the only possibilities look like either continuing to deny reality or total paralysis of the decision-making process.

Thirteen months have passed since the Brexit vote and the Brits are still incapable of articulating what the fck they want. Meanwhile, the clock is continuing to tick down, the summer siesta is about to begin and the German federal elections follow when everybody re-assembles in September. Unless Europe hears something more mature from Westminster than the never-ending infantile whinging about Johnny Foreigner, it's likely to throw its hands in the air, move on to deal with other pressing matters facing the Union and leave May, Johnson, Davis, Corbyn, Snarlene, the Daily Mail and Winston and Doris Blimp to drown in their Little Englander sht.

The Brits have just twelve working days to come up with a realistic starting position for getting the Article 50 discussions moving before officialdom closes down for the summer. If they don't, there won't be any movement on even the pre-conditions before October at the earliest, leaving just months to sort everything out before 28 national governments begin the process of ratification. Is there any hope of the urgency of the situation finally dawning on the lunatics who've taken over the Westminster Asylum?
    The lunatics will only accept one of two outcomes...

1. Leaving the EU while keeping all of the perks of EU membership... or

2. No deal and walk away.

The first option is a non starter so I'm thinking if the lunatics remain at the helm that the second option is the likely outcome.

Either that or the Government falls and a GE is held...

You never know... but Cameron may well be responsible for having sown the seeds of a civil war in the UK at some point if things start getting really nasty...

Quote Originally Posted by Spanner Island View Post
    The lunatics will only accept one of two outcomes...

1. Leaving the EU while keeping all of the perks of EU membership... or

2. No deal and walk away.

The first option is a non starter so I'm thinking if the lunatics remain at the helm that the second option is the likely outcome.

Either that or the Government falls and a GE is held...

You never know... but Cameron may well be responsible for having sown the seeds of a civil war in the UK at some point if things start getting really nasty...
    In a way 'civil war' sounds like hyperbole. But English society is so divided and deluded you have to ask the question will the disaster of a hard Brexit cause social tensions to spill over. There are certainly enough hard left and right lunatics in England to bring real strife to the streets.

Time to stick on The Clash's 'Give 'em enough rope'! 'Get his coffin ready...'

Quote Originally Posted by Paddyc View Post
    If you see the list of foodstuffs from Cornwall that have EU Protected Origin Status under EU law, you'd have to wonder if they were thinking at all.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...otected_status
    English racism overcame common sense.

Quote Originally Posted by shiel View Post
    English racism overcame common sense.
    And let's be clear. It was racism of the likes of the Fleet St tabs and politicians like Farage infecting the political narrative that won the day.

Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment