Register to Comment
Page 1 of 845 1231151101501 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 8442
Like Tree4655Likes
  1. #1
    ShoutingIsLeadership ShoutingIsLeadership is offline
    ShoutingIsLeadership's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    46,583

    The Late Debate Thread (10pm, Tues-Thurs, RTE Radio 1)

    A radio show that is worthy of a thread.

    Presented by the excellent Audrey Carville ( Audrey Carville - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ), The Late Debate often provides excellent radio.

    For those who happen to listen, maybe they would like to discuss the show here. I don't get to listen every night, but I listen when I can.

    Enjoy!
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  2. #2
    ShoutingIsLeadership ShoutingIsLeadership is offline
    ShoutingIsLeadership's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    46,583

    There was an excellent discussion on Privacy Rights, last night.

    As per the RTE bumpf: Billy Hawkes Data protection commissioner, Simon McGarr Solicitor with special interest in Data Protection, Regina Doherty Fine Gael, TD & member of Oireachtas Committee which made changes to Freedom of Information and Wendy Grossman Technology Writer to discuss Privacy Rights, were the guests.

    I will try to link the podcast, later.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  3. #3
    Sailor Sailor is offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    56,095

    Quote Originally Posted by ShoutingIsLeadership View Post
    A radio show that is worthy of a thread.

    Presented by the excellent Audrey Carville ( Audrey Carville - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ), The Late Debate often provides excellent radio.

    For those who happen to listen, maybe they would like to discuss the show here. I don't get to listen every night, but I listen when I can.

    Enjoy!
    Agree - very good show. In fact radio is far superior to TV for political discussion, the TV shows are too short and too easily accommodate soundbyte politics.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  4. #4
    Tawdy Tawdy is offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    5,150

    Quote Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
    Agree - very good show. In fact radio is far superior to TV for political discussion, the TV shows are too short and too easily accommodate soundbyte politics.
    Can`t listen, no subtitles on radio!
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  5. #5
    ShoutingIsLeadership ShoutingIsLeadership is offline
    ShoutingIsLeadership's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    46,583

    Quote Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
    Agree - very good show. In fact radio is far superior to TV for political discussion, the TV shows are too short and too easily accommodate soundbyte politics.
    And contributors are overly concerned about appearance.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  6. #6
    ShoutingIsLeadership ShoutingIsLeadership is offline
    ShoutingIsLeadership's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    46,583

    Medical cards being discussed tonight. Jerry Buttimer is one of the guests
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  7. #7
    ger12 ger12 is offline
    ger12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    45,113

    Good call SIL. Vincent has me now, but The Late Debate is an excellent show, well worthy of a rolling thread.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  8. #8
    ShoutingIsLeadership ShoutingIsLeadership is offline
    ShoutingIsLeadership's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    46,583

    Quote Originally Posted by ger12 View Post
    Good call SIL. Vincent has me now, but The Late Debate is an excellent show, well worthy of a rolling thread.
    Thanks, ger.

    AC giving Buttimer a tough time
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  9. #9
    Sailor Sailor is offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    56,095

    Buttimer needs to shut up about UHI, it's already totally discredited.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  10. #10
    Bud Light Bud Light is offline

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    911

    Buttimer has emerged as one of the great blusterers of this Dail. On my short list of those who I would like to see dumped at next election.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Page 1 of 845 1231151101501 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment