Register to Comment
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Politics matters View Post
    Yes it is widely known that many students of Belverdere college go to school hungry in the morning.........
    Who said anything about children going hungry? I pointed out that parents make choices, some spend their money holidays and "stuff", others spend their money on school fees.

You certainly prove my point by ignorance and begrudgery.

What is always omitted from these debates is the fact that childless taxpayers are forced to pay for the education of other people's children.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

In New York, some parents pay fees of $30,000 a year for Kindergarten. The rationale being that coming from a good Kindergarten gets you into a good Prep School, which will open the door to a good Middle School, that gets you into a good High School, which will get you into an Ivy League College. And all the contacts made along the way.
    Last edited by Sister Mercedes; 5th March 2013 at 10:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Expose the lot of them View Post
    Most probably could not afford to, many parents make the choice between multiple foreign holidays, new cars every year and top of the range electronics and paying school fees. They have already paid their taxes to fund education, the teachers are paid from the pay paid by these parents who opt to pay extra for what they perceive to be a better education for their children.

The level of ignorance and begrudgery that crawls out from under stones at the mention of fee paying schools is breathtaking.
    There's no two ways of looking at it. It's state subsidised elitism and should be brought to an end sooner rather than later.

Quote Originally Posted by Expose the lot of them View Post
    Who said anything about children going hungry? I pointed out that parents make choices, some spend their money holidays and "stuff", others spend their money on school fees.

You certainly prove my point by ignorance and begrudgery.

What is always omitted from these debates is the fact that childless taxpayers are forced to pay for the education of other people's children.
    I always hear that argument without any evidence to back it up, just because George Hook is the son of a bus driver doesn't mean your average fee paying student comes from an ordinary family.

The only thing keeping this subsidy alive is our constitution, take this to a referendum and the payments will cease.
    Last edited by Politics matters; 6th March 2013 at 12:08 AM.

I always here that argument without any evidence to back it up, just because George Hook is the son of a bus man doesn't mean your average fee paying student comes from an ordinary family.

The only thing keeping this subsidy alive is our constitution, take this to a referendum and the payments will cease.
    But I don't think the subsidy is the real issue. Your belief that students attending fee paying schools are all aristos is the assertion he was challenging.

Quote Originally Posted by tokkie View Post
    Would you prefer he ignored the topic because of his education?
    When it comes to Vinny the Mannie I would prefer it myself in fact.
    swk

Quote Originally Posted by tokkie View Post
    But I don't think the subsidy is the real issue. Your belief that students attending fee paying schools are all aristos is the assertion he was challenging.
    No I am sure a minority of the students come from middle income families but it seems those in favour of the subsidy attempt to overrepresent this to favour their arguement.

No I am sure a minority of the students come from middle income families but it seems those in favour of the subsidy attempt to overrepresent this to favour their arguement.
    Fair enough, when you put it like that. However I would suggest that a significant minority come from very normal middle income families.

Norman, Norman ... where is everyone? The show has started ... where are the comments???

Quote Originally Posted by Norma Bates View Post
    Norman, Norman ... where is everyone? The show has started ... where are the comments???
    ZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzz

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment