Register to Comment
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Didn't see the programme (clashed with South Wind Blows on the wireless) but judging by the photo, ol' PBH with his double chin could lose a few pounds.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by jmcc View Post
    Ah! The noted expert on the Nigerian telephone directory. Strange he wasn't on that other bastion of RTE investigative journalism, "Would You Believe?".

Regards...jmcc
    Agreed; I can't take P. Boucher-Hayes seriously in light of his earlier 'investigations.' His blotted copy-book doesn't appear to have hindered his career to any great degree - he's Head of RTÉ Radio's Investigative Unit.

Quote Originally Posted by Shqiptar View Post
    The food industry is evil. It sells you crappy, sugar-laden, cholesterol-encrusted crap. Then it sells you new fabulous wonder margarines and yogurts which are supposed to counteract the effects of the other crap they sell you.

Solution:
    Avoid processed foods as much as you can. If everyone did this, there'd be an implosion in the food industry akin to or even worse than the banking crisis but we'd all be far healthier as a result.

I think turning vegetarian is an option people should seriously consider. I've been a veggie half my life now and I'm now pretty much the same weight as I was in my early 20s before I turned.

Around me I see former colleagues and schoolmates pile on the kilos even while they spend hundreds of euros per year on gym fees.

Oh, yeah....gyms. Another big money spinner for capitalism. You pay them so you can do exercises you can actually do in your own home.
    One thing i can never understand, running machines in gyms. I mean WTF. Actually running machines in general. Just go outside and run ffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ribeye View Post
    Your not addicted, you just like them, most people do,

Learn to cook man, ear plants and animals, and keep up the walkin, and just have the odd take away,

The weight will fall off ye

Just make sure your walkin briskly, not strolling, and avoid suger,

And switch from pints to red wine or brown spirits!

i do a sub 40 mins 10KM run every second day - religously

im doing my 5th Marathon in 24 months on the 29th of October.

I used to smoke for Ireland, Drink for Ireland, and eat everything.

I were 3.5 stones over weight.

My mental health was - up the left.

Im 31.

Now i watch everything i eat but not obsess about it - cause i know i will burn it off.

so its possible to really change your life around - for the positive.

Quote Originally Posted by mr. jings View Post
    not wanting to sound high minded here, but if you actually get into eating home cooked meals, a lot of processed and pre-prepared food starts to taste pretty gack pretty quickly.
    You don't sound high-minded, what you are saying makes perfect sense. The difference in taste and nutrition once you cook everything from scratch using fresh produce, meat and fish is an order of magnitude greater than the pre-processed shyte you get in supermarkets. How some of that stuff qualifies as "food" is beyond me (eg. cheese strings, fizzy drinks, etc).

I find it very tempting to cook a lot of food in one session and spread it over the week.

Why anybody would take any notice of propaganda from RTE and PBH is beyond me. Why doesn't he do a program about the chronic coke habit inside RTE ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bridget558 View Post
    Why anybody would take any notice of propaganda from RTE and PBH is beyond me. Why doesn't he do a program about the chronic coke habit inside RTE ?

So they're wrong about fatty foods being unhealthy? Thanks for that.

Quote Originally Posted by EoinMag View Post
    to be fair a good part of the focus was on sugery foods being unhealthy, its been the main change to the diet since the 40's

Quote Originally Posted by EoinMag View Post
    Sugar is much worse than fat.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment