Register to Comment
Page 22 of 36 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 32 ... LastLast
Like Tree281Likes

Quote Originally Posted by tokkie View Post
    Sorry it is most certainly not moot. The GAA has a constitution and set of rules that clubs must adhere to. Clubs operate within those parameters. In order to introduce new rules that prevent clubs commenting or issuing statements of this manner, an AGM is required and a vote taken to introduce said rule.
    The GAA have apolitical rules. Whether this is or not is a different debate, but the statement is inaccurate, misleading and unhelpful and lacking in any basic sense of PR. It also plays into the theory that the GAA is still at the core of a stroke culture in Ireland. Golden circle lite

Quote Originally Posted by tokkie View Post
    What's this abut "riding kids down the club house"? Are you accusing the Quinns of this??
    No, the case I am referring to is well known. If you are 'in' the circle, you will be defended no matter what you do.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by Ribeye View Post
    What Law is that than?

A legal system must apply to all citizens equally, otherwise it should not be obeyed,

You give me one law that Sean has broken, and I'll give you 10 that Anglo and the so called "Authories" have broken,

There is no law in Ireland, it's a sham!
    I am not sure about law, but to borrow money from a bank to buy shares in a bank seems unlawfuj. If it unlawful to lend moey for this, surely if's unlawful to borrow the same. But any way Quinn is in jail for moving assets belonging to the people of Ireland beyond the jurisdiction of the state, after being told not to, and then not reversing this action. This contempt of court can be purged by bringing the assets back, but they decided to send their own son to jail instead. Their decision, some father, then playing on peoples sympathy to look for eejit to sign a petition to get them off. Lock them all up, throw away the key untill all of the money they owe comes back. How many houses do they have each, how many companies do they have shares in, take it all off these thieves.

Quote Originally Posted by The_SR View Post
    The GAA have apolitical rules. Whether this is or not is a different debate, but the statement is inaccurate, misleading and unhelpful and lacking in any basic sense of PR. It also plays into the theory that the GAA is still at the core of a stroke culture in Ireland. Golden circle lite

No, the case I am referring to is well known. If you are 'in' the circle, you will be defended no matter what you do.
    I'm far from impressed with the club's statement on the matter, but the GAA cannot control the actions of one individual club in this regard.

Quote Originally Posted by hammer View Post
    Wow. 1 signature
    Keep signing it with appropriate names.

Quote Originally Posted by bonkers View Post
    Is that Mammy in your avatar?
    I don't get your insult, please explain?

Are you saying I'm a calf?

Quote Originally Posted by Boy M5 View Post
    This is a statement from a GAA club in Fermanagh.
    Please don't let you arch cynicists and Deefers use it to attack the GAA, the club, or their wider community.

I post it by way of illustration of a point I made earlier that Quinn's industrial interests were successful and created well paid jobs in rural Ireland. To the communities he positively impacted Quinn remains a hero.

This statement makes this clear.Also they make an obvious point about Anglo's senior people also Government actions.

They ruin it all by ignoring that assets of Quinn Group arent where they should be and the Contempt of Court.

Statement 23-07-2012 - Teemore Shamrocks GFC Website
    Gaabdaws. What is it? Generations of inbreeding?

Quote Originally Posted by bye bye mubarak View Post
    I am not sure about law, but to borrow money from a bank to buy shares in a bank seems unlawfuj. If it unlawful to lend moey for this, surely if's unlawful to borrow the same. But any way Quinn is in jail for moving assets belonging to the people of Ireland beyond the jurisdiction of the state, after being told not to, and then not reversing this action. This contempt of court can be purged by bringing the assets back, but they decided to send their own son to jail instead. Their decision, some father, then playing on peoples sympathy to look for eejit to sign a petition to get them off. Lock them all up, throw away the key untill all of the money they owe comes back. How many houses do they have each, how many companies do they have shares in, take it all off these thieves.
    You really need to read up on CFDs and the position Quinner took in the Bank.

Throught CFDs he owned nearly 30% of Anglo.

He then needed to pay for his "position"

CFDs were "gear" when share prices were going through the roof.

CFDs when share prices are falling....................check out quick !!!!

they are doing their best to kill themselves and their caveman games off on their own.

Another layer to Quinn was his astonishing winning of the contract for Croker from his brother the GAA president
    Perhaps this needs to be investigated as well. Another Quinn might end up behind bars.

This is the third or fourth message of support from the GAA to the Quinns. Support to your own is one thing - this is guilt by association stuff.

I don't recall Greystones RFC or the IRFU defending Fitzie...
    Cut off public funding to the GAA until this sort of thing stops. Let the Quinns fund it.

Page 22 of 36 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 32 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment