Register to Comment
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast
Like Tree105Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Ribeye View Post
    John Maguire,

Celtic tiger cub extradinaire,

Now a media luvvie suckin at Rte's teet!

************************... Thought he a Gangster/.Bankster or sumthing... Just another p.s wannabe.... Knew she had no taste... along with her dress sense.. give it shorter than Katie and Tom...
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Night all... Early takeoff...

Sorry.. I forgot to bring up something tonight.... I know it should be an OP..

Tuesday the 3rd july a close friend of the family went to buy a new mobile phone...Which he did..... This person is in his 80's and legally blind.... the product they sold him was a nokia and is so tiny, even I would have problems using it

This Nokia was sold to him in Henry St... After many hours of trying to show him how to use it given his disability.. and with his aids from his blind organisation.... It was decided this phone was totally unfit for his needs....

He went back to the shop today..Two day's after the purchase to ask for a replacement phone for his needs....i.E.. larger No's..

Wasn't looking for a refund, just a joe soap phone to cater to his needs.... Guess what the person who sold him the phone in the first place said??????

You opened the box... We can't change it!..

This man is in his 80's and legally blind...

Well let me tell you who he is....He is the gentlest, most generous humblest person you ever met in your life.. Who has dedicated his life to the education of all and brought out the best... not only here but abroad

.He is also one of the most respected people in the biggest sportinging organisations in this country... Did he SAY ALL THAT WHEN THAT SALESMAN was breaking his rights ( He does not come from the " do you know who I am Brigade)...No... That's not his nature...

But he does not understand the nature of the person taking advantage of him...

So to that shop, and the individual who sold a nokia to a very elderly blind gentleman that he could not use....You know who you are!..

Shame on you...

Be be prepared for the silent storm....
    Last edited by an innocent abroad; 6th July 2012 at 02:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by an innocent abroad View Post
    Sorry.. I forgot to bring up something tonight.... I know it should be an OP..
    Tuesday the 3rd july a close friend of the family went to buy a new mobile phone...Which he did..... This person is in his 80's and legally blind.... the product they sold him was a nokia and is so tiny, even I would have problems using it
    This Nokia was sold to him in Henry St... After many hours of trying to show him how to use it given his disability.. and with his aids from his blind organisation.... It was decided this phone was totally unfit for his needs....
    He went back to the shop today..Two day's after the purchase to ask for a replacement phone for his needs....i.E.. larger No's..
    Wasn't looking for a refund, just a joe soap phone to cater to his needs.... Guess what the person who sold him the phone in the first place said??????
    You opened the box... We can't change it!..
    This man is in his 80's and legally blind...
    Well let me tell you who he is....He is the gentlest, most generous humblest person you ever met in your life.. Who has dedicated his life to the education of all and brought out the best... not only here but abroad
    He is also one of the most respected people in the biggest sportinging organisations in this country... Did he SAY ALL THAT WHEN THAT SALESMAN was breaking his rights ( He does not come from the " do you know who I am Brigade)...No... That's not his nature...
    But he does not understand the nature of the person taking advantage of him...
    So to that shop, and the individual who sold a nokia to a very elderly blind gentleman that he could not use....You know who you are!..
    Shame on you...
    Be be prepared for the silent storm....
    The shop is trying it on. Under the Sale of Goods & Supply of Services Act the Old boy is untitled to all his money back as the product is unfit for the purpose for which it was sold, ie use by him. So no credit note unless this is acceptable to him, he wants his money back.
    The National Consumer Agency should help to take up his case for him and ensure his consumer rights are acknowledged by the shop.
    Another source which could help is Consumers' Association of Ireland. If he's Dublin Centre based the Centre in O'Connell Street should also be able to help.

European Consumer Centre Ireland, North Dublin City Centre - Dublin Consumer Organisations - Reviews of European Consumer Centre Ireland

Hope this helps.

[PS Hope you see this OK. Tried to PM you to tell you about it, but got message saying you can't receive Private Messages].
    Last edited by Norman Bates; 6th July 2012 at 09:17 AM.

Watched this last night and although the idea of this enquiry being led by a member of Fianna Fail in repugnant it is far far better that it being handed over to Public Servants in the department of finance. Most of the PS in the dept of finance have not changed since 2008 so the idea of getting these incompetents to investigate what went on that night is nothing short of a cover up. Any inquiry must be held in public and must be telivised live. We must see and hear from the people who made the decision to protect banks, bondholders etc etc. Every banker, politician, ps or consultant who was took part in this decision needs to be put in front of the cameras to explain themselves.

This person is in his 80's and legally blind
    Cannot be that good of a mobile phone seller if they did not know to go for a model with bigger buttons.

Designed for old people and those who have difficulty seeing this giant button cell phone is absolutely dominated by it’s large buttons. It reminds me of a calculator almost- the proportion of screen to button is completely reversed from the typical phone of today. Even Homer Simpson, in that episode where he gains all that weight to go on disability and then wears a moo-moo and his fingers are too fat to dial the phone so he has to mash all the buttons at once (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King_size_homer episode from The Simpsons 7th Season Big Button Cell Phone), could use this phone. That’s BY FAR the best season of The Simpsons by the way since you asked.

Quote Originally Posted by Norman Bates View Post
    The shop is trying it on. Under the Sale of Goods & Supply of Services Act the Old boy is untitled to all his money back as the product is unfit for the purpose for which it was sold, ie use by him. So no credit note unless this is acceptable to him, he wants his money back.
    The National Consumer Agency should help to take up his case for him and ensure his consumer rights are acknowledged by the shop.
    Another source which could help is Consumers' Association of Ireland. If he's Dublin Centre based the Centre in O'Connell Street should also be able to help.

European Consumer Centre Ireland, North Dublin City Centre - Dublin Consumer Organisations - Reviews of European Consumer Centre Ireland

Hope this helps.

[PS Hope you see this OK. Tried to PM you to tell you about it, but got message saying you can't receive Private Messages].
    Thank you... While I know that was a rant... No apologies..

I get very angry at our seniors being disrespected or taken advantage of... This individual has dedicated his life for the benefit of others with no benefit to him... it is being taken care of both at the retail level and the corporate level...

The lack of training in the retail sector is astonishing... It never ceases to amaze me how people employed in the Sales/retail sector have no training in relation to consumers rights or their brand that they represent...

I have no problem putting the legal system on a sector who fail to put any investment in their employee's with regards to consumer rights and protection as well as their products.... Just the other day... An employee mouthing out of them loud enough for everybody to hear " foreigners not being able to speak english" while working for an organisation in the sales dept of foreign goods????

Ignorance ... The biggest TERRORIST threat to any state!

Thanks Norm.

Quote Originally Posted by ManfredJudge View Post
    Cannot be that good of a mobile phone seller if they did not know to go for a model with bigger buttons.

Thank you and Norm for that...

Quote Originally Posted by Blucher View Post
    Anyone called who does not want to answer a question will just refuse to do so.

Maybe that's what the politicians want. Then they can have another referendum.
    Rabbitte urges new referendum on powers of inquiry - The Irish Times - Mon, Jul 09, 2012

Good luck with that,,, since most of our political system got preferential loans, mortages and the rest from these cowboys of the !...

The incestious political and finiancial will alllway's protect each other... Mafia.... Organised crime... Protected by the POLITICAL sector

Ireland is one big Mafia.... Each sector protection each other ( P.S..... No politican, banker, or developer, goes to jail or is held accountable... The political system and their pals are runningh IRELAND as their own private.
    enterprise....

THE SILENCE IS DEAFINING!.... 1933 comes to mind.....

!.000.000 million people are living on less than 100e a month after paying bills...

How long do you think this will last?

Why do you think there is so much violence in our society?????

How long do you think this will not affect you?

How long will you ignore , or close your eyes to what is happening our society??? But when it happens to you or your friends andf family.... You cannot claim.." you did not know"

It's happening allready....

"Those who refuse to reconise history,,,,, are bound to repeat it"!.... Welcome back!!!!
    Last edited by an innocent abroad; 9th July 2012 at 11:18 PM.

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment