Register to Comment
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Like Tree16Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Follower View Post
    Question raised .... how many of 27% ? of those registered for property tax have actually paid? How many are exempt?
    Taoiseach confident people will pay household charge - The Irish Times - Wed, Mar 28, 2012
    Looks like the people registering are also paying.

"Official figures from the Department of the Environment show 426,599 households were registered as at 4pm. There are also about 55,000 postal applications awaiting processing which are not included in that figure.

Total revenue generated from the householders who have paid to date is €42.7 million."
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by Fides View Post
    Taoiseach confident people will pay household charge - The Irish Times - Wed, Mar 28, 2012
    Looks like the people registering are also paying.

"Official figures from the Department of the Environment show 426,599 households were registered as at 4pm. There are also about 55,000 postal applications awaiting processing which are not included in that figure.

Total revenue generated from the householders who have paid to date is 42.7 million."
    The PR people are spinning the figures bigtime. They are feeding the media with apples : oranges numbers to mislead people. Wait until next Monday to see what the real numbers are.

Quote Originally Posted by SPN View Post
    The PR people are spinning the figures bigtime. They are feeding the media with apples : oranges numbers to mislead people. Wait until next Monday to see what the real numbers are.
    It'll be much later than Monday, going to take a while to process the postal payments and info from the county councils. I would have thought they should have an exact number for online which I presume the 426,599 relates to.
    Seriously no one I know is not going to pay or at least they haven't said so. You're all going to be terribly upset if this isn't the start of the revolution but I genuinely don't think it is.

As the weather was so nice , hubby and I were sitting out and I had the wireless going , newstalk at lunch time, hubby as I've said was iffy about paying the charge but three days of listening , his on board the dont pay! And to add about the bankers been worried about ireland voting No, that made up his mind for a no vote there as well!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ShoutingIsLeadership View Post
    Jim Power thinks people on social welfare get free electricity
    Shows how out of touch he is.

Would be interesting to know what the total costs to date have been, and what the total costs will be ie printing the leaflet that many didn't get, distributing it, all the advertisements in the media. They probably didn't think they'd need to spend so much on threatening advertising but they are scared now, and expect big ads in all national papers.

Quote Originally Posted by laidback View Post
    Would be interesting to know what the total costs to date have been, and what the total costs will be ie printing the leaflet that many didn't get, distributing it, all the advertisements in the media. They probably didn't think they'd need to spend so much on threatening advertising but they are scared now, and expect big ads in all national papers.
    This year is just an administrative exercise. If the charge was going to stay at 100 euro it would be completely non cost effective. Multiply the charge by 10 for evermore and you have a different story.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment